The case on cases - Calton, Kamoa, Ameritage, Kamaka

Yeah yours sits really well..
A possible problem could be that the case was measured to a kamaka tenor but mines been in the shop for the past year so I can't check. But from what I remember the measurements of my kala tenor and a kamaka tenor are pretty similar. Nothing that would cause that major protrusion.

I'll have to measure my compartment I forgot the measurements.

I ordered mine from a place called dusty strings in Seattle. When I get my kamaka back and it's still high I'll give the, a call.

How does the Carlton compare with the Ameritage for protecting the uke

How does the Carlton compare with the Ameritage for protecting the uke

I would say they are pretty comparable, with the Calton a little more bulletproof. Plus little things - like the latches are sturdier (and have protective guards), and the exact measurements letting it support the neck perfectly make it slightly more protective. I also prefer the Calton because I think it weighs a little less, and I like the backpack straps option. Plus I like the material better - it is less of a magnet for pet hair. But is it worth the money for the difference? No, I think the Ameritage is perfectly fine.

Unless you want hard core protection, or a particular color (already wish I had chosen a color other than black - I was contemplating green or white), save the extra money and get an Ameritage. I don't regret it because I prefer the Calton for me, but also think for most people the difference is not worth the extra $$$$.

It can be tough to find the perfect case for a slimline tenor ukulele, since they have such a narrow height. For my KoAloha slimline though, I found one that works wonderfully. I got a good deal on it on Amazon (YMC Tenor Ukulele Case Hardshell Case with Plush Interior and Storage - Black), but was bored with the plain black exterior. So I ordered stickers of each of the countries I have visited to liven it up. It feels like a vintage suitcase and makes for a cool conversation starter. Plus, stickers are a cheap and easy to find and pack souvenir.

View attachment 101141View attachment 101139View attachment 101140

Top Bottom