Mobtown Ukefest (Creative Alliance of Baltimore) August 6, 2011

luke'nlele

UU+
Reaction score
Mobtown UkeFest

Don Peyton, founding MUA member, sends along news of this exciting event presented under the auspices of the Creative Alliance of Baltimore at the Patterson Theatre, Saturday, August 6, 3134 Eastern Ave., Baltimore:

Mobtown Ukefest! w/Baltimore Ukulele Symphonette
Thrift Shop Tuxedo Orchestra and Happy Houlihans

Sat., Aug 6, Workshops 2-6pm, Uke'''' Analia Marketplace 2-7pm and continuous open mic session. Free! Food sold sep.
Concert 7:30pm $15, $10mbrs.

Hilariously pretentious arrangements of Tiki tunes, classical gems and steampunk machinations by the Baltimore Ukulele Symphonette. The uber-retro uke artistry of Jared Denhard and his Thrift Shop Tuxedo Orchestra. The Happy Houlihans with Don Peyton, Randy Austin and Chris Ciattei play early jazz, hapa haole and novelty songs to 50s rock.

Follow this link to the Creative Alliance web page announcement and ticket purchase info:
http://www.creativealliance.org/events/eventItem2620.html

Don says:

We'll have workshops by Jared Denhard, Ray Forton, Randy Austin and Don Peyton, all seasoned performers, composers and arrangers. Workshops will include beginner, intermediate and advanced theory including swing, blues, jazz and classical arrangement, performance, maintenance and care of the ukulele.

I'm not sure the advertisement has the schedule quite right. I believe the open mic will be continuous and we're hoping to open a jamming space in the main gallery. Please email me with any questions or for updates

It's a great spot with a wonderful theatre and crew and some of Baltimore's best eateries right nearby!

Top Bottom