Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 50 songs and chords for this site..

Default Top 50 songs and chords for this site..

Most of the arrangements sound good..
    http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/top-uke-tabs.html

Awesome link Stan. Thanks mate.

Thanks for the link. Some really nice tabs there.
    Ukulele is more than just a hobby. Its a way of life.

Interesting demographic note in that list. Aside from Somewhere Over the Rainbow - and there are three of those - Here Comes The Sun and Hey Jude, I don't see any songs written before 1975 (and only the one written before 1965). Most seem to be from after 2000. No Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Animals, no folk music, no blues, no jazz, nothing that Ruth Etting or Rudy Vallee sang - mostly current pop. Not sure how much significance that has, but it suggests to me that the uke players requesting those tabs are younger (at least younger than I am). I look at the list and don't recognize somewhere around 40 of the titles or the performers.
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    Utque sacerdotis fugitivus liba recuso
    pane egeo mellitis potiore placentis.

I'm like that priest's slave who ran away because
    They fed him honey cakes and he longed for bread.

Horace: Epistle X
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ichadwick View Post
    Interesting demographic note in that list. Aside from Somewhere Over the Rainbow - and there are three of those - Here Comes The Sun and Hey Jude, I don't see any songs written before 1975 (and only the one written before 1965). Most seem to be from after 2000. No Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Animals, no folk music, no blues, no jazz, nothing that Ruth Etting or Rudy Vallee sang - mostly current pop. Not sure how much significance that has, but it suggests to me that the uke players requesting those tabs are younger (at least younger than I am). I look at the list and don't recognize somewhere around 40 of the titles or the performers.
    Yeah, same feelings here Ian. Certainly not my style of music represented there either, but, as you say, it's a window in on the rapid boom of the uke movement with young folks who are clearly big online contributors and keen to share with others. There was only one song on that list in my top 50...shucks...guess this means we're getting old.

Interesting it's called ukulele-tabs.com
    I only clicked through half a dozen of them but found no tabs, just chord charts,
    Mainland Red Cedar Tenor
    DS Gill Tenor Pineapple spruce/mahogany
    Goldtone Concert Banjo Uke (BUC)
    Soares'y Fourcaster steel string electric tenor guitar/ Bari uke tuned DGBE
    Blueridge BR-40T Tenor guitar tuned DGBE
    Kala U-Bass
    Gold Tone CC-OT 5 string banjo
    Come visit "CB's Pickin' Place"

I used to use that site a lot,. but it's now blocked in the UK, you can see the site, just not the chord charts or any of the actual tabs... sucks
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

I think I recognized about 5 songs, and maybe 3 artists. I clicked on one - "Just the way you are", and saw no tabs, most of the words replaced by "xxx", and no indication of whether the songs is the "Just the way you are" written by Billy Joel (although I don't think his song has the word "amazing" in it), or something else.

But thanks for the link, Stan. I may be able to use it someday.

-Kurt
    National Triolian Resonator * Donaldson Concert Cutaway * Outdoor Ukulele * Rosewood Ohana Vita Uke
    Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke * FireFly banjo uke * Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele
    Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22 (Mahogany Top) * Kala KA-KTG-CT Cedar Top
    Cordoba 20TM * 1950's Harmony soprano *1920's era Stella banjo uke
    several guitars, and a 5-string banjo

Am I done?

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/euphretes2

Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel View Post
    I think I recognized about 5 songs, and maybe 3 artists. I clicked on one - "Just the way you are", and saw no tabs, most of the words replaced by "xxx", and no indication of whether the songs is the "Just the way you are" written by Billy Joel (although I don't think his song has the word "amazing" in it), or something else.

But thanks for the link, Stan. I may be able to use it someday.

-Kurt
    The lyrics are crossed out because of copyright issues they had, same reason why the UK can no longer access content on the site
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

I suspect the demographic skewing may be due to the fact that they have an iPhone app for viewing the tabs.

Thread Information