Google+

nscafe

Reaction score
A thousand pardons if this has been brought up before in here, but is everyone on Google+ yet? I just accepted an invite from a friend of mine, and I'm really liking what I'm seeing. After tinkering around with it a bit, and reading this article (http://mashable.com/2011/07/16/google-plus-guide/) I think it would be great if a bunch of UUers followed each other.

One thing that makes it stand out to me is the Circles bit, where you can share things with specific groups (say a "Uker" group or something), without spamming all of your other friends and family or what have you.

One other thing that sounds great is the Hangout functionality, which is apparently a group video chat where people can just drop in and out over time, and the screen displays whichever microphone is currently active. This might be a great way to handle the mini jams even, who knows? Worth a shot! :)

Anyway, I'm on there, and I'm interested in putting all you fellow ukers into my circles! Does that sound weird? Sorry...

Me: https://plus.google.com/101368320432132420284

Let me know if you need an invite. I'm not sure if it's still in beta right now or what the deal is exactly.

IT says I can't join because I need an invitation? Am I doing it right?

Thanks you two! So far I've sent two invites, and it doesn't look like I have a limited number of them to work with. Please send me a PM with your email address if you'd like me to send you an invite.

This Net-Uke'ing is new and exciting. I feel like a caveman that found a wheel and doesn't know what to do with it!

Ray, I'm sending you a circle request. I need more uke friends on Google+!!
My google+ email is strumdog@ gmail.com

Grrr. I've been trying to get onto Plus for weeks and every time I try it tells me I need to be invited. Grrr.... limited trial and "capacity exceeded" says the message.
Grrrr.

Added you Nate- I am here...would love to try out the video hangout/jam session. Ian, PM me your email and I will send you an invite
Cheers
Dave

I'm a little creeped out by google and it's sell out to the Chinese gov't mining of internet traffic (so, obviously the current US gov't as well). I'll pass on this one.
Thanks anyway,
MD

Top Bottom