i heard it was valuable..

tsudawuda

Reaction score
my uncle gave me a (something) wyldes electric guitar. its the one with the white and black target design. anyways my uke teacher said it was worth a lot. jus wondering if i should get it fixed up and adjusted and not use it for guitar class performances.

273470.jpg

This puppy? It's worth $4,400 new. I don't know how much it's worth when sold as used. I recommend that you take good care of it.

It sells for more outside of the US. List price is about $6,700.

Let me know if your uncle is giving away any classical guitars. If he has a (something) Smallman or a (something) Hauser, I'll gladly take it off his hands.
:D :D :D

Last edited:
Zakk Wylde's guitar! Sweet. He was the guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne. I posted a video of him in the guitar vids section, "machine gun man," a while back.

If you're looking to play with it, fix it up. But if you're looking to keep the value, keep it as it is with the least modifications possible. The more you do to it, the more you decrease the value (I watch a lot of Antiques Roadshow). I do hope you intend to play with it tho, it would be a shame not to play a Gibson. :D

Well it depends. Is it the Epiphone Zakk Wylde or the Gibson Zakk Wylde?

Huge price difference. Nice guitar either way.

oh wow. 6 grand. it has some mean scratches on the bottom and thats the only thing i want fixed. it sounds way better than my Slammer Hamer so it would be good for performances. i just dont wanna get jumped when people see how much its worth.
to answer the guy up there my uncle only has on guitar left. i dont remember what it was. aged freebird or something.

to answer Student, it says Gibson on the top.

Last edited:
Wow ! That is lucky right there. I would definitely play it, but I would want to avoid doing any further damage. If I were you I wouldn't sell it considering it's such a nice guitar and if I sold it I would be kicking myself later on and because it's a gift from a family member.Hold onto it!

man, he gave you a gibson. a gibson. i have the epiphone les paul in silverburst. and i love that guitar. but the only reason i didnt get the gibson was because at my guitar skill level, i just could not justify the price. even after 15 years. i just could not justify it. but if one was given to me, i think i would be forced to try to get better at it. you got yourself an awesome guitar.

shoot its that good? im not much of a guitar player. in fact the only song i can play is Dead by MCR. but at my skill level i guess im disgracing its name so im gonna make myself get better.

shoots. its that good. dont worry about the gashes. they give it character. as long as the action and the pickups are still good, there's nothing wrong with having some gashes... unless you are trying to sell it to someone that is too anal about that. keep that guitar. play her. she begs to be played. no problem in earning the right to own her. she was a gift. but it would be a travesty to have that guitar given to you and not be played. hahaha. can you tell i love gibson les pauls? ive always wanted a les paul for as long as ive been playing guitar. 15 years later, i finally get one... and its not even a gibson. haha. lucky guy.

this is what mine looks like...
342012.jpg

Top Bottom