Let It Be Collab - Japan 2011

musicmonsterw

Reaction score
This is a collab music video in support of the tsunami survivors in Japan. Most of the more than 70 performers in this video are members of UU. Highlights include Aldrine's amazing lead vocal at the start of the song, Dominator's virtuoso ukulele solo in the middle, and a large chorus of performers on stage at UWC 2011. I have been honored to work with such a fine bunch of ukulele players and singers. After four months of editing, this video is finally ready to share. I hope you like it.

Cheers,

Ronin Wong
(musicmonsterw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeDHG4gNgg

Here's an interview and write up on Leanne Riding's blog.

http://leanneriding.blogspot.com/2011/10/let-it-be-musical-collaboration-led-by.html

Last edited:
Great job Ronin! I don't know how you manage it - editing something that complex would drive me completely bonkers!

John

Ronin, you did an outstanding job! Congratulations!

That was phenomenal. The film footage is devastating. You should be very proud of it.

Beautifully done, Ronin! You have a real talent when it comes to all this video editing stuff. :)

Frankly, I was surprised your Christmas collab didn't win any Undies, since I know it was nominated in numerous categories. I thought that one was superb as well.

That was phenomenal. The film footage is devastating. You should be very proud of it.

Beautifully done, Ronin! You have a real talent when it comes to all this video editing stuff. :)

Frankly, I was surprised your Christmas collab didn't win any Undies, since I know it was nominated in numerous categories. I thought that one was superb as well.

Thanks for your kind words!! Video making has become an unexpected passion for me. I hope this particular video can make a difference.

I did not get a chance to watch the whole video, with sound, until yesterday. Seeing the images of devastation just makes my heart ache for all those affected. Excellent job on the composition Ronin!

I did not get a chance to watch the whole video, with sound, until yesterday. Seeing the images of devastation just makes my heart ache for all those affected. Excellent job on the composition Ronin!

Thanks very much, Damon!

Good job Ronin. Very nice way to help spread the word that people are still working hard to recover from the devastation.

wow, you did a fantastic job creating this video, i can emagine how much work it was putting that together, you pulled it off brilliantly! the images of the destruction are still hard to watch.

a good message you are putting out there, the Tsunami itself was a brief event , but the damage is done and need still being felt,I dont hear abotu ti in the news anymore and it seems like that always happens, as soon as the initial disaster is over it is forgotten to easily, but the world needs to stay aware that there is still a huge problem and the clean up is not over and there are still the need for help. People need to continue to come together to aid the people in need. thanks for doing your part to continue to bring awareness. I'll be sharing this too on facebook.

wow, you did a fantastic job creating this video, i can emagine how much work it was putting that together, you pulled it off brilliantly! the images of the destruction are still hard to watch.

a good message you are putting out there, the Tsunami itself was a brief event , but the damage is done and need still being felt,I dont hear abotu ti in the news anymore and it seems like that always happens, as soon as the initial disaster is over it is forgotten to easily, but the world needs to stay aware that there is still a huge problem and the clean up is not over and there are still the need for help. People need to continue to come together to aid the people in need. thanks for doing your part to continue to bring awareness. I'll be sharing this too on facebook.

Thanks so much for watching and for your response, wolfybau!

BTW, I'm easy to find on facebook. 'Ronin Wong.'

Amazing work, images and great collaboration. Congratulations to all. UU is an awesome place :cool:

Top Bottom