UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

It's best that they stay that way. Trust me... But if you're ever curious, I have photos... for a price.

I shall not be held accountable for my actions at UWC. That blasted humidity fried my hard drive.

The last timer I was at the field, the power company had bulldozed the creek.

I have faith in mother nature though. If there is supposed to be a creek by Plum Creek Road, then there will probably be a creek sooner or later again.

Oh no, that's tragic! That was one of my favorite spots... butterflies, geodes, crawfish. The kids are gonna be bummed.

Is it ok to steal a geode? I'm collecting things to inlay in my future custom ukulele and it just hit me that I need something from uwc

Is it ok to steal a geode? I'm collecting things to inlay in my future custom ukulele and it just hit me that I need something from uwc

Yes, but you must leave a finger or toe in its place.

Mike, very generous of you to host. New uker from IL, couple questions please:

(1) I am a hammock camper (Warbonnet Blackbird hammock). Is there a place for hammocking, i.e. two trees 12-15 feet apart in a spot for camping?

(2) I have heard that the huge Harley club is sometimes in Nashville that weekend. Is that true in 2012? If so, do they hog all the B&Bs, drink all the booze out of the IGA, and would a Fez-wearing, ukulele player with a bellyful of Pabst Blue Ribbons, who's all juiced up from playing "Tiny Bubbles" on your stage, get his belly slit by the Hells Angels if he staggered into Nashville? LOL

Thanks for posting and hosting. Steve

Bikers HOG the B&Bs... I get it.

I haven't been on uu for months, but I'll be at uwc. I might have even talked Mrs. Beeejums into comimg with me.

The more I think about it the more excited I get. So So So So So excited to go this year! I was excited to go last year! But now that I know first hand the awesomeness that is UWC... I am beside myself. AND... I will hopefully live 2.5 hours closer. Eeeeeeeek!

Shani and I will be camping on site, for the 4th year in a row. I can't wait to see lovely brown county, and all you fantastic ukers again.

Hopefully anyone who doesn't like hippies will be scared off by my ponytail and her dreadlocks before they wreck the love buzz that makes UWC one of the biggest highlights of my year.

Shani and I will be camping on site, for the 4th year in a row. I can't wait to see lovely brown county, and all you fantastic ukers again.

Hopefully anyone who doesn't like hippies will be scared off by my ponytail and her dreadlocks before they wreck the love buzz that makes UWC one of the biggest highlights of my year.

Heh, heh. Gots no problem with hippies - I'd probably be one but I'm too lazy to deal with caring for long hair. I started to go the long gray pony tail route but gave up when my hair got a bit over my collar and I realized I'd have to actually comb it and stuff. Then I thought about shaving my head and realized that look is a lot of work, too. Now I just grab the clippers and buzz it whenever it gets long enough to need combing. LOL

My sister is a lot older than me and when I was little she was a full-blown, commune-living, flowered VW bus driving hippy. I was only about ten or twelve at the time but I remember being amused that all of her "non-conforming" friends were as alike as peas in a pod. She wasn't amused when I asked her one day why, if her friends were bent on non-conforming, they all wore exactly the same outfits and had long hair and beards. :) I guess even at that age I tended to be a bit of a smart...uh...aleck.

Ahh, if only I'd been old enough to enjoy the sixties...

John

Heh, heh. Gots no problem with hippies - I'd probably be one but I'm too lazy to deal with caring for long hair. I started to go the long gray pony tail route but gave up when my hair got a bit over my collar and I realized I'd have to actually comb it and stuff. Then I thought about shaving my head and realized that look is a lot of work, too. Now I just grab the clippers and buzz it whenever it gets long enough to need combing. LOL

My sister is a lot older than me and when I was little she was a full-blown, commune-living, flowered VW bus driving hippy. I was only about ten or twelve at the time but I remember being amused that all of her "non-conforming" friends were as alike as peas in a pod. She wasn't amused when I asked her one day why, if her friends were bent on non-conforming, they all wore exactly the same outfits and had long hair and beards. :) I guess even at that age I tended to be a bit of a smart...uh...aleck.

Ahh, if only I'd been old enough to enjoy the sixties...

John
Ha Ha! That's how I felt about the punk community in college back in the 80s. A bunch of non-conforming individuals wanting me to join their group because I wore Doc Martens and looked cool. Turned me into a hippie...

Hey guys, I've just changed my mind... I will be there!! Yeehaw!!

I'm now planning how to get there. OMG, I miss you all!!!!

AWESOME Dirk! I can't wait to see you again and your cut offs. Best. Shorts. Ever!!!!

Top Bottom