UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

Goes without saying, I'll be there..4 years in a row now! UWC is better than xmas... I just started a new job, and if i don't get the weekend off i'll quit...seriously.

Goes without saying, I'll be there..4 years in a row now! UWC is better than xmas... I just started a new job, and if i don't get the weekend off i'll quit...seriously.

For anything else, I'd say you were being ridiculous, but... you're absolutely correct!
UWC is, far and away, the best week I've had. I loved it. I love the people there, I love hanging out with people I love, I love meeting people that can become people I love that I can hang out with, I love playing, I love singing, I love being there.

Next year, I'm thinking about bringing the bride and camping out, either on the field or between you and Matt. Actually, I'll put Matt in between us, to protect you from my wife and vice verse! (JUUUST kidding)

I'm already saving up for my plane ticket!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I started thinking about next years UWC while driving home from last year's event. So many things learned, new friends made, can't wait to come back again. I'll be there. Definitely coming on Thursday. Let me know what I can do to help set up, mow, or anything. I'll be driving up from around Lexington KY too, so if anyone along the Lexington/ Louisville route wants a ride, just let me know.

Hello friends,
I've got UWC '12 on my calendar! I'm a newbie here, just found this forumn tonight. Got my uke in December, and am crazy about it! I'm counting down the days, but also hoping to bust my arse so as to not make a fool of myself and my rookie skills. I'll be checking back in from time to time to see what's up and what UWC is all about. Till then, it's back to the the basement to uke it up.

See you soon in June,
Mr_Cub

Hello friends,
I've got UWC '12 on my calendar! I'm a newbie here, just found this forumn tonight. Got my uke in December, and am crazy about it! I'm counting down the days, but also hoping to bust my arse so as to not make a fool of myself and my rookie skills. I'll be checking back in from time to time to see what's up and what UWC is all about. Till then, it's back to the the basement to uke it up.

See you soon in June,
Mr_Cub

Best part of UWC? You cannot make a fool of yourself! Well, you can, but not by getting up and playing!
We had every level play this year and the applause was as loud, if not louder, for the beginners as it was for the experienced players.

No, to make a fool of yourself, you have to MC part of the thing and have seeso start playing "Suspicious Minds"... THAT starts a chain of events leading to much fool-making! *grin*

See you there!

New slogan.. "What Happens in Needmore....... ends up on the internet!"

Best part of UWC? You cannot make a fool of yourself! Well, you can, but not by getting up and playing!
We had every level play this year and the applause was as loud, if not louder, for the beginners as it was for the experienced players.

No, to make a fool of yourself, you have to MC part of the thing and have seeso start playing "Suspicious Minds"... THAT starts a chain of events leading to much fool-making! *grin*

See you there!

I have marked my calendar for UWC. I live about 45 minutes north of Nashville.

How exciting. I'm definitely coming back for this one!

Last year was a ton of fun. It was great to meet a lot of people from the board. It was also fun to drink with them! ;)

E for full time MC

Basically the first weekend of June is always UWC for me. No matter what.

Actually thought I wasn't making this one because my friends were getting married that weekend but they broke up. lol

If you haven't been to a ukulele festival GO TO THIS ONE

If you have been to one GO TO THIS ONE

There is no other uke festival in the world like this.

I remember you distinctly telling me you were hoping they'd break up so you could come. HOORAY!

Planning to go this year with at least one of my daughters. Hope my car can get there and back. Maybe we can work out a commute deal with some Twin Cities folk. Anybody from Mpls / St. Paul, Duluth / Superior, Embarrass, Motley going?

Last edited:
I'm going to try to guilt trip a few folks from England to come... they know who they are...
The reason I ask is that I'm a very nervous flyer and I've chickened out of coming for the last two years. If someone was to say to me, "I'll go if you go", that little bit of guilt-tripping might add a little more incentive...

Top Bottom