UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

I forget...will I be able to plug in a crock pot under the main tent? I'm thinking about making some buffalo chicken dip for the pot luck. Ill probably bring the ingredients and pre-cooked chicken on ice in my cooler and throw it together on Friday to warm a few hours prior to the potluck...It's seriously some delicious stuff. Anybody think that this is a bad idea?
It's a field....no electricity.

Pot luck is 7on Fri according to the first page of this thread...

On the electricity, I was just checking... Since I thought I remembered extension cords... But maybe those were generator based and just for the stage...

It's been a long year ;-)

Pot luck is 7on Fri according to the first page of this thread...

On the electricity, I was just checking... Since I thought I remembered extension cords... But maybe those were generator based and just for the stage...

It's been a long year ;-)

I remember that there was some food that was being heated under the tent, or maybe I was in an alcoholic haze.

OK, another question (this is my first time ya know). I'll be there hopefully Thurs around 1-3 PM. Is there anywhere i should set up. PopUp camper, EzUp and my truck. Smoker will be going for quite a while (do not want to smoke anyone out - but it is just a good smell -and not that much -really). Looking forward to this. Tomorrow -printing out the song sheets. Need more paper!!!

OK, another question (this is my first time ya know). I'll be there hopefully Thurs around 1-3 PM. Is there anywhere i should set up. PopUp camper, EzUp and my truck.
You will see where the tents and other campers are set up past the parking area. It is all pretty casual, not exactly assigned areas.

Right when you walk in you'll get an understanding of where to setup. Basically, its a big field and theres only a part of it that we really use (unless you count the bonfire pit) the outer brim will be tents and whatnot so I'm sure you'll find space

C
Right when you walk in you'll get an understanding of where to setup. Basically, its a big field and theres only a part of it that we really use (unless you count the bonfire pit) the outer brim will be tents and whatnot so I'm sure you'll find space
Brim? What kinda hat? A short brimmed fedora?

OK, another question (this is my first time ya know). I'll be there hopefully Thurs around 1-3 PM. Is there anywhere i should set up. PopUp camper, EzUp and my truck. Smoker will be going for quite a while (do not want to smoke anyone out - but it is just a good smell -and not that much -really). Looking forward to this. Tomorrow -printing out the song sheets. Need more paper!!!

There are actually two connected fields separated by a ditch. The bonfire, stage, and main tent are all in the east field and the portajons will be near the small driveway over the ditch (assuming Mike sets it up like last year). Some people camp near the back of the east field along the creek, others camp in the west field. The west field is a little quieter. Most people who aren't camping on site park near the road on the east field.

There will probably already be people there when you get there and they'll be happy to point out the sights.

I'll be setting up a gazebo in the west field either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning, depending on when I get there. You're more than welcome to set the smoker near me - hopefully it will run off any mosquitos. LOL

HTH,
John

CBrim? What kinda hat? A short brimmed fedora?

Speaking of hats I found a great new hat when I was at Cabella's buying a gazebo yesterday. Sort of an "Indiana Jones" shape but with a nicely ventilated crown and a wide enough brim that my shnoz and ears won't get sunburnt! It's way better than the boonie hat I was going to bring! :)

I remember that there was some food that was being heated under the tent, or maybe I was in an alcoholic haze.

I don't recall any power under the tent. There was a lot of food - but anything hot must have been hot when it arrived. Mike or Tootka might have had a crockpot or something on stage but I don't remember seeing one. There was a community grill just west of the stage.

John

Something generates the electricity for the lights on the stage. Probably not available for other uses though.

Yeah, I don't remember hearing a generator running and I'm pretty sure the lights worked before they hooked up the truck and sound board. I'm thinking there might not be a lot of capacity, though. I'd hate to see the lights and sound go down for something as unnecessary as food...wait, did a fat guy really say that?!

I think they did run an extension chord over to hang some lights over the portapotties, though.

John

Hey folks - added a few more tunes to the Chordie UWC songbook I created..... it's about as done as it's going to get:)..... here's the link:
https://www.box.com/s/5697ca2434babba6849f

Thanks for the additions. Appreciate it. Just wanted to let you know that two songs listed are not in the download. Here Comes the Sun and JAMMING. Will meet you at UWC.

The weather man, so far, is calling for a little cooler weather this year. Like 67 for a high Friday, 72 Saturday and 80 Sunday. Of course being weather forecasters they can change their mind anytime. Last year on Saturday it was well into the nineties and humid. And then a thunderstorm came through. But even with the storm we kept at it.

Thanks for the additions. Appreciate it. Just wanted to let you know that two songs listed are not in the download. Here Comes the Sun and JAMMING. Will meet you at UWC.

Weird - that songbook function is a great tool, but (like a lot of free things on the net) you get what you pay for...... not sure why those two tunes aren't in there. There were a couple of other formatting/functionality things that just didn't seem to work. Glad you dig the tunes - hope they help.....

There will most likley be an outlet available to warming food near the big tent or at least on stage. The potluck is maybe about 5-ish to 7-ish.
Unless you are camping, park in the parking field(the non-stage field)
No driving in the stage field after dark. There will be kids, dogs and people sitting/laying on the ground.

Hey Skidoo!
Mind if I put a link to my Chordie Songbook here, too? A lot of tunes I'd like to play with folks up yonder in addition to the ones you have. http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php?show=details&songid=342006

Weird - that songbook function is a great tool, but (like a lot of free things on the net) you get what you pay for...... not sure why those two tunes aren't in there. There were a couple of other formatting/functionality things that just didn't seem to work. Glad you dig the tunes - hope they help.....

Top Bottom