Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alulu Ukes? Heard of them? Ripoff?

Default Alulu Ukes? Heard of them? Ripoff?

Hay!

I'm trying to get a new mid-range Ukulele, but I want it made of solid wood, either Mahogany or Koa. Now I know this is expansive but I also know that less known brands have better prices, such as "Alulu". But I cannot find any reviews or store for Alulu Brand so it looks kind of fishy, especially since the ones I found are all on ebay with the same copy-pasted description from seller to seller like these:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Solid-mahogan...item2568e0271d

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280752888106?...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Alulu-Solid-A...item2568f24029

The seller "taisamlu" sold a few instruments and people seem to trust that guy, but the other one, "luporeguitar2008", has 100% feedback (weird) and only sold little things, nothing above $40. I like buying from Taiwan, Japan and Chine because it's usually really cheap, but I know that they rip you off a lot because shipping with a tracking number is really cheap for them so they can just ship you crap (it happened to me and getting my money back cost me a lot of money and time).

What do you guys think? Don't worry, I won't hold you responsible if I get ripped off haha! Just be honest!

Seya!

Marco

Haven't heard of the brand, but the ukes seem quite legitimate to me, judging by photos.
    taisamlu is a seller you can trust. He has some unusual brands, but the instruments themselves are quite OK.

Hello,

The brand is his own. Built by them. For me, the old saying of if it's too good to be true..........is what I feel when looking at those adds. There are so many trusted brands to choose from.....why take a gamble ? Just my opinion.

We are almost neighbors ! I'm in Laval.

FWI, I am selling a all solid wood concert ukulele.....check the market place.

Default Alulu Ukes

I bought my unbranded Tenor Uke from Tai Sam's musical instrument workshop in August 2010 and am delighted with it. It is well made, has a good tone and the Aquilla strings hold in tune for weeks on end! Having just joined I have not yet had chance to add pictures but will as soon as I can. Mine is solid maple with a solid spruce top and tasteful abalone decoration. I know some seem to be overdone! My advice would be to watch humidity levels initially until it settles in to your home climate.
    I hope that this helps.
    Last edited by Quirister; 11-06-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks guys! I got my answer!

That would have been nice coriandre, but I'm looking for a new soprano, I only have cheap sopranos and I want to try a good one. You have a link to a store?

Seya!

Marco

Here is a link to a sop uke in sam's music shop.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-maho...item256845578f

There is a load of reasonable stuff in his shop and there is another Taiwan trader who also does some good stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acacia-Koa...item45fe5f0bca

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

I bought one from taisamlu, lovely uke. Looks fantastic and sounds good too. Sadly I bought it at the same time as my Sceptre, so it's since moved on, but it's a great uke.
    Kamaka 8-String | KoAloha Sceptre Tenor | Compass Rose Flamed-Maple Tenor | Goldtone Tenor Banjolele | Ken Timms Soprano Martin Style-O | Bruko Flat Soprano #6 | Sco Dart Jazzbox Uke | Tiki Surf Flea
    Website | Youtube | Facebook

San Jose, California via `Ewa Beach, O`ahu, Hawai`i

Alulu means "quickly, hastily" in `olelo hawai`i. does that apply to choosing a hawaiian sounding brand name or the quality of construct. `aue!
    200 years of Unification. 117 years of ILLEGAL OCCUPATION.

I think he means Aluru, aka Ayers. That's what my ukes from Taiwan was called.
    Kamaka 8-String | KoAloha Sceptre Tenor | Compass Rose Flamed-Maple Tenor | Goldtone Tenor Banjolele | Ken Timms Soprano Martin Style-O | Bruko Flat Soprano #6 | Sco Dart Jazzbox Uke | Tiki Surf Flea
    Website | Youtube | Facebook

Cool Question ...

Would anyone happen to have any contact information ( email perhaps, or mailing address) for this person (Alulu Ukes) ... or Sam Musical Workshop ..... or even the Ebay name they sell under ..... the "message seller" option on ebay doesnt provide any contact info or redirect your questions. ...thanks ...

Thread Information