Alulu Ukes? Heard of them? Ripoff?

NaturalBornCamper

Reaction score
Hay!

I'm trying to get a new mid-range Ukulele, but I want it made of solid wood, either Mahogany or Koa. Now I know this is expansive but I also know that less known brands have better prices, such as "Alulu". But I cannot find any reviews or store for Alulu Brand so it looks kind of fishy, especially since the ones I found are all on ebay with the same copy-pasted description from seller to seller like these:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Solid-mahoga...493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2568e0271d

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280752888106?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Alulu-Solid-...553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2568f24029

The seller "taisamlu" sold a few instruments and people seem to trust that guy, but the other one, "luporeguitar2008", has 100% feedback (weird) and only sold little things, nothing above $40. I like buying from Taiwan, Japan and Chine because it's usually really cheap, but I know that they rip you off a lot because shipping with a tracking number is really cheap for them so they can just ship you crap (it happened to me and getting my money back cost me a lot of money and time).

What do you guys think? Don't worry, I won't hold you responsible if I get ripped off haha! Just be honest!

Seya!

Marco

Haven't heard of the brand, but the ukes seem quite legitimate to me, judging by photos.
taisamlu is a seller you can trust. He has some unusual brands, but the instruments themselves are quite OK.

Hello,

The brand is his own. Built by them. For me, the old saying of if it's too good to be true..........is what I feel when looking at those adds. There are so many trusted brands to choose from.....why take a gamble ? Just my opinion.

We are almost neighbors ! I'm in Laval.

FWI, I am selling a all solid wood concert ukulele.....check the market place.

Alulu Ukes

I bought my unbranded Tenor Uke from Tai Sam's musical instrument workshop in August 2010 and am delighted with it. It is well made, has a good tone and the Aquilla strings hold in tune for weeks on end! Having just joined I have not yet had chance to add pictures but will as soon as I can. Mine is solid maple with a solid spruce top and tasteful abalone decoration. I know some seem to be overdone! My advice would be to watch humidity levels initially until it settles in to your home climate.
I hope that this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I got my answer!

That would have been nice coriandre, but I'm looking for a new soprano, I only have cheap sopranos and I want to try a good one. You have a link to a store?

Seya!

Marco

I bought one from taisamlu, lovely uke. Looks fantastic and sounds good too. Sadly I bought it at the same time as my Sceptre, so it's since moved on, but it's a great uke.

Question ...

Would anyone happen to have any contact information ( email perhaps, or mailing address) for this person (Alulu Ukes) ... or Sam Musical Workshop ..... or even the Ebay name they sell under ..... the "message seller" option on ebay doesnt provide any contact info or redirect your questions. ...thanks ...:music:

I have a solid koa Alulu tenor that I am very delighted with. No complaints whatsoever. Intonation (I'm VERY picky on this), resonation and sustain are great.

I have a Alulu guitarlele (6 string) that is well made, all solid spruce/maple, lovely inlay work and sounds great, also have 2 Bruce Wei tenors, all solid woods, 1 in koa and 1 in mahogany which are even better; in contrast I recently acquired a Kala which in comparison is quite ordinary, though not the same specs of course....

A Lulu

Am I the only one old enough to remember a Lulu?
Little-lulu-purple.png

Don't mean to necropost but I've been seriously considering one of these as well...I was glad to find this thread. It was helpful. I think I might get one ofb their concert pineapples. I have been looking for one and this one fits my price range, technical requirements, and aesthetic preferences.

I recently bought one of their hawaiian koa soprano ukes. There were a few minor imperfections but a solid wood acacia koa soprano WITH a slothead and a great sound (intionation+action aswell) made it a well spent 200 dollars in my opinion.

Top Bottom