Stompin' At The Savoy - Swing Uke - Mya-Moe Tenor Resonator - Gerald Ross!

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
Recorded this one this afternoon.

The Benny Goodman Swing standard - Stompin' At The Savoy. Using my new (4 months old) Mya-Moe tenor resonator.

Terrific Gerald. Did you do the backing tracks first or afterwards? You're tempo was dead on for the solo if you did the backing tracks afterwards. Great job Thanks.

I recorded the guitar track before shooting the video. There is only a guitar on the track. I dumped the track to my iPod. Plugged the iPod into a guitar amp. Aimed the amp at the camera. Pressed "Go" and went!

Amazing playing...
further solidifies my need for one of those ukes- what a great tone that Koa has

WOW!!!!! What a wonderful take on that tune....just the sweetest playing on the sweetest uke....yup, fantastic Gerald. :)

Love that style! Wow!

Gotta agree, it sounds fantastic. Great player. Awesome uke.

I've watched this video quite a few times. What really spoke to me was how disciplined and clean your playing technique is, and how heartfelt your delivery of the music is. I love this tune and your presentation of it. This video also makes me introspect and see where I'm slacking off in my own playing. Thank you for encouraging me to focus on improving my playing technique. You can go to my channel and see what I mean about my playing technique (and everyone else feel free to comment on it if you like) Aloha ~JD

Last edited:
Top Bottom