Small bass/kick drum for uke acompanyment?

Deaks

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of people with small, say 12-16 inch bass drums operated by a pedal, that's used to acompany themselves playing uke. I can't seem to find such a thing anywhere online. Do people make there own or is there somewhere special I should be looking?

I have a childs drum kit that I got at a flea mkt . The only thing I could find on them was " first act " "discovery" . I needed a pedal for the bass drum and got one "childrens size"for about 15 bucks on Ebay.

If you use amplification there are some kick pedals like a stomp pedal.

How about using a 16" floor tom and hooking a kick pedal to it?

I haven't got a photo but we took a cardboard cylindrical container - one of those ones with a snap ring holding the top on. We put a bit o' ply on it for a skin and screwed an old kick pedal to it. Works a treat with a satisfying hollow thunk. Fits all our leads inside for transport as well

I've seen blues men using a kick pedal on a 5L (1 gallon) fuel tin

I like this!

A local band here uses a kick pedal on an old leather suitcase.

There seems to be quite a lot of pedals on ebay if you search for "drum foot pedal" (foot pedal only returns gazillions of guitar pedals). I'm getting curious about these too now after reading this thread. Wonder which ones are the good ones and give you the best kicking for the money?

Don't discount an old suitcase from the thrift store. Lots of info on the Net.

Top Bottom