Ukulele exercises, stretches, warmup routines?

davoomac

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Just wondering..

When you are going to sit down and practice ukulele, do you do any warmups, exercises, or drills? I am looking for some exercises that can help with technique and dexterity.

Also, what are some things that we should AVOID doing while playing uke. (aside from having our mouths wide open while jamming) :D

stretching tips?

i just got a lanikai tenor and its brand new, still in the box when i got it. is there any tips for getting the strings strecthed faster? besides tunning

im going to merge this topic because there is already an existing one here.

check out the link i posted. second post, its about iamhawaii.com's quick tips

topic merged.

you know ive been thinking about doing something in the way of ukulele setup video. think ill start working on it now.

i just got done fixing Joseph Bautista's uke, put new strings.

i showed how how i had the strings stretch. when i put the new strings on, i bend them like im playing, that ways i spent a minute bending them.

i wish i filmed it :(

Simple Songs

I dont do anything either. when i play guitar i will usually do some simple picking type exercises. on my uke, just pick it up and play a few simple songs to get the fingers warm then ill practice or learn another new song.
For example what was the first song you learned to play? play that to get the fingers warm then get into really practicing.... Hope this helps.

The hammer exercise from iamhawaii is REALLY tiring... or am I just a wimp? :)

i do the hammer ons too. im not that good at the pinkie tho. is it just me or does every one have trouble with the pinky? cuz mine is not as fast as the other fingers

i do the hammer ons too. im not that good at the pinkie tho. is it just me or does every one have trouble with the pinky? cuz mine is not as fast as the other fingers

its not you, it takes time to develop the pinkie hammer ons to be nice and clean. lots of time doing pinkie hammer ons will help us out in the long run haha

I just finished watching and performing the warm up routines. Man! My pinkie totally went bananas on me. I'm gonna try this routine every other day and see what the results are.

Top Bottom