Kala ASAC-T solid acacia tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
I am selling a recently acquired Kala ASAC-T solid acacia tenor. I got it off eBay a few months ago. It was in perfect condition then and remains so now, as I've only played it sporadically. It has a really beautiful and unique grain/color pattern that really sets it apart.

Price is $300 which includes shipping in the lower 48. This includes a brand new hard foam case and an extra set of Worth Brown strings. If you don't need/want the case, I can replace it with a gigbag (or nothing at all) and knock $20 off the price.

If you are anywhere near southeastern Connecticut, I'll be happy to arrange a pickup at a mutually agreeable location.

Why am I selling it? I bought it to replace my Makala tenor, and while this uke is leagues ahead of the Makala in terms of looks, feel, etc., I just didn't hear enough of a difference - to my own novice ears, I should stress - to justify the leap in expense. That is no knock on the Kala, more a praise of the Makala.

I just switched from the Aquilas that were on it to Worth Browns, which give it a warmer and more mellow tone.

I do not have a long posting history here but I have been a member for 2 years, and you can see my flawless eBay history here:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seonachan&ftab=AllFeedback

Here are some pics; I apologize for the poor quality, but my good camera is out of commission at the moment and I had to use my laptop's built-in one. I will supplement with a video shortly.

kala 1.jpgkala 2.jpgkala 3.jpgkala 6.jpgkalasolid.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a video. I muted the audio for the first part where I'm just displaying the uke, but it kicks in just before I start to play it (at about the 0:48 mark, if you want to skip to it).

I love my concert version, but people are always looking for the tenor size of this uke. It should go fast. The grain on this one is pretty unique! Good luck!

I pm'd you a quick question. :)

Must be one hell of a Makala! I can hear a "quality" ring and sweetness to this uke. Buyer will be getting a nice acacia uke.

Up for a great uke. One with a really unique grain!

I own one and it plays splendidly. :)

I also own a Kala solid acacia tenor and it's a wonderful instrument. I'm surprised this one is still available.

I'm still in the market Jon.
Box it up and I'll buy it.
Fred

Can't wait any long Jon.
Have bought somewhere else.
Good luck.
Fred

Hah, I was just logging on to bump this. I had a few deals fall through, including a craigslist meeting last night, so yep it's still available. If there aren't any takers soon I may just hold on to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom