Kala ASAC-T solid acacia tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by how this works. I posted a reply about three days ago, and can't find an answer, or a way to contact the seller. Still wondering if the ASAC-T is available. What am I missing? help please.

Ok,... now I'm seeing a Jan 28th response. So sorry.
Would you share the instrument's serial #. Is the Kala's lifetime warranty transferable in a sale like this? I just bought my Saprano Ohana (cedar top, solid rosewood back and sides) how would your Kala compare?

Ok,... now I'm seeing a Jan 28th response. So sorry.
Would you share the instrument's serial #. Is the Kala's lifetime warranty transferable in a sale like this? I just bought my Saprano Ohana (cedar top, solid rosewood back and sides) how would your Kala compare?

I am not the seller - I was just trying to help. Usually warranties are not-tranferrable. The acacia Kalas I have heard have a nice warm sound but they are not particularly loud. Probably best to PM the seller. Good luck.

It means send a Personal Message...........................good luck...............................

What does PM the seller mean?

Left-click on the seller's name in the upper left corner of any of his or her dialog boxes in this thread and a box will open up. Click on the "private message" link in that box and you will be directed to a page on which you can send the seller a private message. When the seller responds, there will be a number next to the "notifications" link at the very top of any page in the forum. Or you can provide your email address in the private message and ask the seller to respond to you by email.

inciodentally, I have a Kala solid acacia tenor, and I would agree with Mandarb that it has a nice warm tone but it's probably a little quieter than a solid koa uke. They're well-made (mine was set up by MGM with Aquila strings) and very playable, and I'm very happy with it.

Hi, since I have a senior member on the thread..

I like my CK-50g Ohana, cedar top and solid rosewood B & S, I would really like a tenor though.
How would you compare the Kala ASAC-T to the Ohana TK-50g as far as sound and loudness go? That Kala is beautiful, but which one sounds better?

How about the Kala solid Mahogany Tenor, what's the sound difference between the Acacia and the Mahogany? Thank you so much to the experienced Uke players in the UU for answering these questions!

Hi, since I have a senior member on the thread..

I like my CK-50g Ohana, cedar top and solid rosewood B & S, I would really like a tenor though.
How would you compare the Kala ASAC-T to the Ohana TK-50g as far as sound and loudness go? That Kala is beautiful, but which one sounds better?

How about the Kala solid Mahogany Tenor, what's the sound difference between the Acacia and the Mahogany? Thank you so much to the experienced Uke players in the UU for answering these questions!

I've never played an Ohana TK-50g. I have one Ohana ukulele, a solid mahogany baritone, and I like it a lot, but I couldn't compare it to my Kala solid acacia tenor because of all the variables -- wood, scale, different tunings, etc. I think they're both well made. Remember that cedar is one of the brighter tone woods, so a cedar ukulele (of course, depending on bracing, soundboard thickness and other characteristics that vary from one brand to another) is likely to sound brighter (more treble) than an acacia ukulele.

I have a Kala solid mahogany concert. Again, comparisons are difficult due to differences in scale, but I think my mahogany concert has a somewhat deeper sound than my acacia tenor. Mahogany has a reputation for being one of the warmest tonewoods, and acacia is a bit brighter in sound.

I'm going to bump this one last time and also offer to cover shipping costs within the continental US; so total cost to the buyer is $300 with the hard foam case or $280 with gig bag or no case.

I'll also consider a trade - looking for a tenor with good resonance and sustain, pickup a plus.

That's a pretty good deal. I got mine off these forums a couple months ago and paid $280 or something for the uke, soft case, and shipping. These guys go for ~$330 new.

Looks great, love to make a deal, pm or email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom