Song Help Request Hey Joe

Hiddencross

Reaction score
I can play the chord sequence either:

C-G-D-A-E
or
F-C-G-D-A

Has anyone tabbed out the intro or, to use a technical term, fiddly bits.

I have the sheet music for the guitar version and am slowly but surely working out ALL of the "fiddly-bits" for this. Also possibly of interest is that I am doing the same for SRVs version of Little Wing. They will be posted once I get this together but it will be at least a month before they are both done completely. Ill try to finish the hey Joe intro sooner and post it once I get it done

I have the sheet music for the guitar version and am slowly but surely working out ALL of the "fiddly-bits" for this. Also possibly of interest is that I am doing the same for SRVs version of Little Wing. They will be posted once I get this together but it will be at least a month before they are both done completely. Ill try to finish the hey Joe intro sooner and post it once I get it done
That would be awesome. :)

I recently tried to play Hey Joe with a couple of friends. We made a bit of a mess of it. It is on YT as a "FAIL" video. The reason for the disaster was that it is hard to figure out what key you are in at any point in the sequence. Consequently, it is very easy to play wrong-sounding notes.

I'm afraid I have no plans to tab it out, but try copying some of the riffs I do in this better version. There isn't really an introduction as it is just a simple improvisation based on the chord sequence. Sorry for posting my own video. I don't mean to hijack your thread. Just thought it might be helpful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom