Mainland Long Neck Concert Pineapple

Paul December

Reaction score
I was cruising the Mainland website to see what was new and ran across the Long Neck Concert Pineapple
Does anyone know any details of this uke? Has Mike ever posted pics of it (the listing does not have a picture).
Am I correct in thinking that since it is a concert pineapple, the body is larger/deeper than their soprano pineapple? ...and it has a tenor neck.
Very interesting :)

savagehenry has one, I just sent him this post. I think they are gorgeous and sound great.

Last edited:
I think Gmoney had one as well. I know I played one, but can't remember whose it was.

I didn't realize they were already out!

Over a year i believe. Unless I am thinking of the regular (yet larger) pineapple with a concert neck. I am only using my memory at the moment and with 17 boys cleaning out desks it can be difficult to remember what it was.

I think Gmoney had one as well. I know I played one, but can't remember whose it was.

I had the Mainland longneck Pineapple - bought on a whim from Mike at Uke Republic - & I traded it to Savagehenry for a '20's Martin. :)

The concert body is/was similar in volume to the Mele Concert Pineapple, certainly a larger than the Mainland soprano. It has a tenor scale neck - identical to any other Mainland Tenor. It sounds only slightly different (to me) from the tenors & the tenor scale is there for those of you who prefer it. I prefer concert scale, so trading it was ONLY because I wanted that vintage Martin.

Hope this helps!

I had the Mainland longneck Pineapple - bought on a whim from Mike at Uke Republic - & I traded it to Savagehenry for a '20's Martin. :)

The concert body is/was similar in volume to the Mele Concert Pineapple, certainly a larger than the Mainland soprano. It has a tenor scale neck - identical to any other Mainland Tenor. It sounds only slightly different (to me) from the tenors & the tenor scale is there for those of you who prefer it. I prefer concert scale, so trading it was ONLY because I wanted that vintage Martin.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for that info. I too would actually prefer a concert neck on it.

Over a year i believe. Unless I am thinking of the regular (yet larger) pineapple with a concert neck. I am only using my memory at the moment and with 17 boys cleaning out desks it can be difficult to remember what it was.

Stop the Presses! Mainland has a Concert Pineapple with Concert Neck?!
That is actually what I wanted most! ...the only thing that could make it better if it were cedar.

Stop the Presses! Mainland has a Concert Pineapple with Concert Neck?!
That is actually what I wanted most! ...the only thing that could make it better if it were cedar.

Not sure. I know Mele has a concert neck pineapple. Someone else does as well and I can't remember if it is mainland or someone else.

I'm supposed to receive this uke on Monday. I was looking for a tone that is more toward a concert than tenor. It has taken some months to get this uke and there was no way for me to try before buying. It's always taking a chance to buy online. I really can't made a judgment without trying one though. I'm very happy with my Mainland Tenor. I seem to like the longer necks and also have a Flea with a tenor neck. I can hardly wait until Monday.

Top Bottom