Musicians (or anyone) with Ulcerative Colitis

flyingv8

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2007 after a terrible flare. I was 50 years old and never had any health problems. I wasn't in a band at the time but I was doing a solo act and this really put a damper on things. Anyway, the reason I am posting this is to offer hope to anyone who may be suffering from any type of bowel disorder. There is a diet available called The Specific Carbohydrate Diet that has given me the chance at a normal life again. All the info is free and can be found here http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/. There is a book called Breaking The Vicious Cuycle by Elaine Gottschall. There is also a community of folks dedicated to helping each other out here http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BTVC-SCD/. Do not pay for this information (other than buying the book if you so desire). There are alot of scumbags out there trying to make a buck off of peoples suffering. If you know anyone suffering from this type of problem please tell them about the SCD diet.
Thanks!
Don M.
Erie,PA.

I know I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to let everyone know that I am cured and performing once again! Please visit my website at www.thedoctorsaidwhat.com to download a free copy of my book. The Doctor Said What? One Man's Victory Over Ulcerative Colitis. Please share with anyone who may have bowel problems. There are people who are making money selling information and promising a cure. I offer it for free! I think it is wrong to profit from sick people! Nicky Jacobs is one of those people. Disgusting!

Let me add another suggestion as well. For years my twin brother and I have suffered gastro intestinal problems, he being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. A few years later I decided to go on a diet and arbitrarily eliminated milk and anything made from milk. Within a week all my gastro problems were gone. I told my brother, but he was skeptical saying why wouldn't his doctor, a fellow with the Ileitis & Colitis Foundation, tell him.

I started buying soy milk, which had a label on the back "Recommended by the Ileitis & Colitis Foundation" which prompted my brother to cut out all milk products. Within two weeks his colitis was gone. When he told the doctor, the response was, "coincidence, it's gone into remission," and wanted to do some more expensive tests. My brother said no and never looked back.

Now we both read every label and question restaurants about the ingredients of foods. I know I have inadvertently eaten something with milk when within a hour or so I get the same reaction as before.

Top Bottom