Dawning Beauty

myrnaukelele

Reaction score
It's a beautiful day here. It snowed for hours and hours yesterday- the snow is up to the windows and up to my waist. 9:30AM~ the sun is just turning the clouds pink and is about to come up over the mountains. A bald eagle just coasted over my yard. Chickadees and grosbeaks at the feeder. My snowshoes are calling. The beauty of this winter wonderland is breathtaking.

I really don't mean to sound snarky, but your post makes it clear that beauty and desired location is a very subjective thing.

That said, it does sound like something to experience once.

Enjoy your day!

You're right Poi Dog. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When I was on the islands of Molokai and Maui this past December I came across the most spectacular breathtakingly beautiful beaches and loved my time in the sun and the sand and the ocean. Now I'm back in the northland and find beauty in my own backyard.

Living in the snow belt, all I can say is that one's appreciation of the beauty of snow sours when you have to blow it out of your driveway every bloody morning... and the beauty of beaches, palm trees and cold beer with a wedge of lime in it ascends in my estimation according to the amount of work I have to put into the clearing of the snow.

But we agree on the chickadees...

Top Bottom