Tabs Searchable by Chord/s?

imajical

Reaction score
Hello, all!

I was wondering...I know there are MANY, MANY sites devoted to ukulele tabs. However, does anyone know of a site where the song tabs are able to be searched by difficulty or specific chords? Clicking on songs and being bombarded with countless chords I don't yet know is frustrating. I only know C, G7, Am, F, and learning G at the moment.

Thanks!

On songs with just chords shown (not tabs), do I only strum the chords at the words the chords are above, or do I have to mess around to come up with a strum pattern to fill in the gaps between chord changes? Does it matter?

I'm such a newb. :D http://www.scorpex.net/Uke/songs/All_My_Loving.pdf

Last edited:
imajical,

First of all, for most songs that use C F Am and G, you could play G7 in place of the G and it will sound good. So you should be able to dive right in!

Second, for chord sheets (or whatever they're called), the idea is generally to continue strumming throughout the entire song. The chord over the lyrics tells you when to switch from one chord to another.

And don't worry too much about strum patterns. Lots of people get into "song paralysis" because they think there's one true golden perfect strum pattern that they must use on any given song. But really, just strum however you want to strum if it sounds good to you. Even a simple down-down-down-down strum can often do the trick. Don't let the lack of the "perfect" strum pattern ever keep you from playing a song you want to learn.

Good luck!

JJ

You made me feel SO much more confident! THANK YOU! I am learning along with a friend, and we were both confused by this. Thank you! And...UKE ON!

Yes thank you!!! This makes a lot more sense now, and definitely gave me some confidence, too! Thank you for helping us out! (I'm the friend imajical mentioned by the way.)

Check out ukulele mile on YouTube, he has about 100 songs with tutorials and is an excellent channel to learn from.

Check out ukulele mile on YouTube, he has about 100 songs with tutorials and is an excellent channel to learn from.

there was a thread were chords were shown in i tunes but i can not find it. Does anybody know which thread it was in may be good for OP.

Top Bottom