Anybody see The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) on Leno last night?

I must be on most ignore lists. HE HAS BEEN ON. It's all over Youtube, it was the old show, he did gently weeps.. Conan was all "WOW!"

No offense meant, and I surely don't have anyone blocked. I didn't know Jake had been on Conan already. :p

Believe me, I'm the last guy to defend Leno, I can't stand him, but, he uses the "weenie" line in conjunction with a joke about how the Rock is so big and the uke is so small. I don't think he's actually calling the ukulele "weenie" though he certainly might be. As a big guy who plays a small uke I've heard similar jokes regarding the comparison of big and small.

In the other video, he is only making reference to how popular the uke is nowadays ("Well who isn't playing that these days?")

I agree. This is Jay making a bad joke about The Rock being large and the instrument being small...
Since the thread has gone the way of Jay vs Conan I have a bit of insight on Leno as I've worked for him a number of times. I'll first say that I'm a huge Conan fan and not a big fan of The Tonight Show (even though I have a great time when I'm over there).
Jay is really, genuinely a very nice guy. He's humble, friendly and is always quick to acknowledge everyone in the room, remember names etc... My feeling on what happened with Jay and Conan is that Jay made some very bad decisions in a situation that had very high stakes. This happens a lot in business, but for Jay it happened in front of the whole world. Unfortunately, Conan got shafted in the deal and his fans were pissed off (including myself). This incident (even though it's huge) shouldn't define Jay though. He acted uncharacteristically in a situation with huge steaks and bad advisors. Just my 2 cents.
Anyway, yeah he's not dissing the uke. He's just making a very bland, vanilla "joke" about the difference in sizes. It's still unfortunate though, for other reasons ;-)

No offense meant, and I surely don't have anyone blocked. I didn't know Jake had been on Conan already. :p

It's ok. I said it earlier in the thread. I guess I'll go off to youtube and see if I can find it. I was just voicing frustration that in many threads, whenever someone says something, just about anyone, it doesn't seem to be read, and the next person will post the same exact thing. That's not a go at UU or anyone here. It's a general forums culture thing. It happens everywhere. We all gotta say something, me included. :)

Oh how true. Ruin a legacy just because you can, because your ego is more important. No one would remember him if not for Johnny Carson. We fell for the nice guy routine before in the Late Night wars, not falling for it again. He wants to be Johnny Carson and the American Jeremy Clarkson all rolled into one. But who is he in the process?

Yeah, can't watch it. I vowed to never watch The Chin after what he pulled.

If it's anything like the other Rock vids where he Rocks a Kamaka, then awesome. Shoulda punched Jay as a finale.

Not a fan of Leno either after the Late Night fiasco. But the video is pretty cool just to see The Rock rocking on his Kamaka. There have been a couple of videos floating around with him playing and singing.

BTW - thanks for posting that old video of Jake on Conan. Jake also played on Kimmel last summer....I do not watch Kimmel but it was cool to see Jake play on the show.

Wow. I didn't realize Jay Leno was still alive. And he still has a TV show, too. Amazing.

The other guy, well, I saw him in a couple of films and from the clip they showed, the latest one will be pretty much the same. So thanks for saving me a $5 video rental. As for his ukulele playing... he shouldn't wait for American idol to call.

Top Bottom