Anybody see The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) on Leno last night?

Da Rock showin his roots! BTW, that's a Kamaka HF-3 . . .

Hey, I like what the Rock is cookin'...:D

irony in jay leno calling anyone else a weenie

Oh how true. Ruin a legacy just because you can, because your ego is more important. No one would remember him if not for Johnny Carson. We fell for the nice guy routine before in the Late Night wars, not falling for it again. He wants to be Johnny Carson and the American Jeremy Clarkson all rolled into one. But who is he in the process?

Yeah, can't watch it. I vowed to never watch The Chin after what he pulled.

If it's anything like the other Rock vids where he Rocks a Kamaka, then awesome. Shoulda punched Jay as a finale.

Wow! Did Jay Leno really say on national television that playing an ukulele was "a little weenie"? Sheesh! I hope Jake Shimabukuro goes on Letterman, plays the crap out of his ukulele, and then mentions to Dave that Jay thinks playing an ukulele is "a little weenie."

Wow! Did Jay Leno really say on national television that playing an ukulele was "a little weenie"? Sheesh! I hope Jake Shimabukuro goes on Letterman, plays the crap out of his ukulele, and then mentions to Dave that Jay thinks playing an ukulele is "a little weenie."

Jake's already been on Conan's show. As an avid guitar player, Conan could at least appreciate it. :)

Yep, I think Leno is a jerk, too. The little weenie comment confirms it for me.

Yeah but the problem is that Jake looks so small of a man stature wise that he might look like a little weenie!! hahaha

A while back Victoria Vox appeared on Leno, from the audience, "playing" mouth trumpet or something. She mentioned that she really played ukulele, and Leno snorted at it then, too. I think he has a very narrow range of experiences: I believe he hosts that show, does weekend stand-up, and buys/drives/collects/fixes/adores multiple cars and motorcycles. Oh, and disparages what he does not understand.

A while back Victoria Vox appeared on Leno, from the audience, "playing" mouth trumpet or something. She mentioned that she really played ukulele, and Leno snorted at it then, too. I think he has a very narrow range of experiences: I believe he hosts that show, does weekend stand-up, and buys/drives/collects/fixes/adores multiple cars and motorcycles. Oh, and disparages what he does not understand.

Remember his short lived pre-late-night show? He was on Top Gear, then suddenly "Star in a reasonably priced car" finds its way onto his show, no credit given. And that's pretty much his career.

I can't believe he insulted Victoria Vox!! :mad:

Believe me, I'm the last guy to defend Leno, I can't stand him, but, he uses the "weenie" line in conjunction with a joke about how the Rock is so big and the uke is so small. I don't think he's actually calling the ukulele "weenie" though he certainly might be. As a big guy who plays a small uke I've heard similar jokes regarding the comparison of big and small.

In the other video, he is only making reference to how popular the uke is nowadays ("Well who isn't playing that these days?")

As for Conan, he seemed obsessed with Julia Nune's ukuele when she was on. He's a musician and guitar player and I think he genuinely likes the instrument and people that play them. I bet Conan would be thrilled to have Jake S. on. :)

In the other video, he is only making reference to how popular the uke is nowadays ("Well who isn't playing that these days?")
Maybe that's what he meant. Or he could have meant it sarcastically, thinking that ukes went out with T. Tim and Leno's maternal grandfather. It's hard to tell with the multi-layered, hyper-sophisticated intellect that is Jay :confused: Leno.

Believe me, I'm the last guy to defend Leno, I can't stand him, but, he uses the "weenie" line in conjunction with a joke about how the Rock is so big and the uke is so small. I don't think he's actually calling the ukulele "weenie" though he certainly might be. As a big guy who plays a small uke I've heard similar jokes regarding the comparison of big and small.

As for Conan, he seemed obsessed with Julia Nune's ukuele when she was on. He's a musician and guitar player and I think he genuinely likes the instrument and people that play them. I bet Conan would be thrilled to have Jake S. on. :)

I must be on most ignore lists. HE HAS BEEN ON. It's all over Youtube, it was the old show, he did gently weeps.. Conan was all "WOW!"

Top Bottom