New from Illinois

RHayes

Reaction score
Hi from a Uke player from Illinois. I received my first ukulele for my 8th birthday, and after a few years, switched to guitar. Now, several decades later, I'm returning to my uke roots. I'm enjoying my ukes, and enjoying learning about them.

I have a bunch of stuff at YouTube, but it's guitar so far. It's all me, and I love harmony. A sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3DD...xt=C3660b5cUDOEgsToPDskK18Ju9TH8PJYzb8ByDvlWI

A retired federal park ranger, Vietnam veteran, and author of an award-winning military memoir, father, grandfather. Looking forward to making Uke friends and learning some new stuff. =)

Where are you in Illinois? Several members here from Illinois.
Welcome to UU.

I grew up in Freeport, west of Rockford--way up north--and now live in Carlyle, about 40 miles east of St. Louis.

Ok I know where that is. I'm in Taylorville about 90 north east of Stl. Saint Louis has a good uke group if your interested in doing that type of thing.I frequent a jam session in bloomington normal but that would probably be a long drive for you.

Over the past year I traveled 300-miles one way for rehearsals and gigs for a band. We played a concert and two dances. Videos at Facebook and YouTube if interested. Some would call that not too bright. ;)

Welcome. If you ever want to come to normal for a jam. First Saturday of every month at 2pm, at a place called fusion Brew.
The only month we will not meet so far is June. Ukulele World Congress is that weekend.

Top Bottom