George Formby's "In My Little Snapshot Album" on Banjo Uke

Hey-well done! I enjoyed that!

Very nicely done, excellent formby style and a great voice. Really enjoyed this, although it has now made me want a banjo ukulele again!

I was cringing for you when I read you were doing a northern accent, was worried you'd sound like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

How wrong I was, though. George would have been delighted!

Thanks, Roxie, Dr. Finlay, Tor, Jon, Camsuke, Uke552, Dave and Chris. Its VERY kind of you!

Dr. Finlay - sorry about that! George seemed only to pick songs that ended up ear worms; that's probably why he made so many records.

That was wonderful!

You've done again John! Great!

Time for you to do lessons. I'll subscribe as I am sure many Formby music fans would. Perhaps the fan base would increase...

Respectfully,

Thank you, Chris and Carrie - much appreciated!

Thank you, Tom. OK, I take your point. Perhaps a couple, to explain a few of the strokes?

Thank you, Chris and Carrie - much appreciated!

Thank you, Tom. OK, I take your point. Perhaps a couple, to explain a few of the strokes?

How about a few of the Solos too!

If one can play the strokes/strums at "Mach 1", transition between the different chords and the different strokes at the same time, but can't figure-out by listening and watching how to put them together, it tends to drive one insane! Got to be a way to learn them utilizing the words and music of the verses and chorus that are used to make-up the solos? Yes, my real problem is age and loss of gray matter! Sure wish I had started the Uke a few years ago! I don’t like the frustration of this, so that’s why lately I’ve been working through strumming, finger-picking and whispering (with a British accent) the entire “The Daily Ukulele” (365 songs for better living)! It’s much easier and provides a lot of self-gratification!

John, my friend, you are doing great! Keep it up!

Thanks, Tom. :)

So integrating the strums and stringing them together is the challenge. Yes, that was a challenge for me to make happen as well. You think you know the split stroke and you get it, and then, you can't quite pick up the beat again or get back into another strum. That can be overcome with scripting the solo to give you the ability to transition from one rhythm into another. I can do something on that, absolutely.

Top Bottom