Clawhammer Ukulele re-visited

srpm

Reaction score
It's been quite a while since my last posting... but better late than never. Here are two YouTube videos which I hope everyone will enjoy.

The first is an original tune called The Corporate Comedian and the second is a medley... Sally In The Garden & Rocky Mountain Goat. Both are set in 'Double C' tuning. CGCD low to high

Cheers

Last edited:
wow, those were really really good. I'm usually not a fan of this style of music, but I thoroughly enjoyed both videos. Your banjo skills sure translate well to the uke. Never heard of double C tuning either. None the less, great job man. Looking forward to more!

Thanks for posting these, really enjoyed them. You have some great skills!

Yes.. it's a baritone. A good friend loaned it to me and, not knowing any better, I've been tuning it like a banjo.

Thanks for posting these, they're truly great. I go back and watch the other medleys you posted a few months ago regularly - I'm slowly working on clawhammer myself and they're really inspiring and informative. Two more videos to add to my 'favorites'..... and that's a really nice original tune, as well. Thanks for posting these...... more please!

Thank you everyone for the kind comments!

That was fantastic.

I was just thinking to myself that I needed to find some more, new music to play. I think I now know what direction I'm looking in first.

Thanks for the inspiration. Just another ten or twenty years, and I'll be close to there...if i'm lucky.

truly amazing. wonderful, wonderful playing, thanks mate.

I truly am overwhelmed by the positive response! Thank you one and all.

Excellent! I'm guessing you honed those skills on banjo.

So what's the story with the double C tuning? Is it better suited to clawhammer for some reason?

You're right about my banjo heritage. Double C is very popular with banjo players because a lot of fiddle tunes are set in D. Players often tune in Double C and capo on the 2nd fret... making it Double D tuning.

Last edited:
So is this a banjo piece that you're just playing on a re-tuned bari? or is this something that you whipped up specifically for uke?

They're both pieces that I play on banjo... although, these days more people seem to want hear them played on the uke :)

I am a HUGE fan of this style of music, and you do it so well. Traditional music - Appalachian, Irish, English, fingerstyle blues, or any other sort from around the world - is just an awesome thing. Thanks.

Top Bottom