Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Uke Day!! (Kamaka HF-3L long neck tenor)

Very pretty grain pattern on that uke. You know if Kamaka had it at NAMM at their booth ,they felt the same way. Congrats

Actually, I think it is about 2" longer than their regular tenor. I picked one up in Honolulu at Kamaka. I really like mine, although it takes a while to get used to the long fingerboard. I had Kamaka put a pickup in it at their factory. Really sounds sweet
    My Ukes: Kamaka Tenor, Kamaka Concert, KoAloha 6-string . Martin 5K, Kanilea K-1 Tenor. a style 1 vintage Martin Soprano and Kamaka 6-string. Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret to body and Martin Tenor 14 fret to body. Kamaka Tenor with LL Baggs pickup

what an amazing ukulele. Congratulations on the purchase. Oh wow...I think it's time for my medication

Want to hear something funny? I was just at Island Bazaar on Wednesday and I played with that exact Uke for about 35 minutes !it sounds and plays Amazing!! I was replacing my Koaloha pineapple Sunday . Congratulations !!that is one Incredible Uke !!
    Kanile'a A.G sgn.model Tenor

Gorgeous uke - congrats. Now I have to go take something for this UAS I feel coming on . . .
    Ukunuke

"Life is a series of ups and downs . . . I choose the ups."

Kanile'a Islander koa custom tenor, Kamaka HF-2 concert, + a guardian sock monkey

Finger Lakes region NY/Carolina Beach, NC

Congrats! Gorgeous new uke. My HF-3 special has a similar grain pattern and, as Hobo posted, doesn't sound bad with the stock strings.
    Enjoy your new uke!

Wow. I really want that. Congrats!
    Kamaka HF-3 tenor
    Kanile'a 8 string custom tenor
    Martin style 1
    Mya-Moe myrtle tenor (#490)

Looks beautiful. Enjoy!

Thanks guys! And congrats to those who mentioned they recently picked up a Kamaka themselves!!

I am really enjoying this uke! Last night I was wondering how it would sound with some Aquilas I had on hand, so I swapped strings. They are not for this uke (for me anyway). This morning I put the Worth Clears back on. I find that different ukes sound better with different strings – I still love aquilas on certain ukes. No hard and fast rules.

I've been wanting to try some Ko'olau Alohis or Mahanas. Anyone tried these on a Kamaka tenor?

Thread Information