New Uke Day!! (Kamaka HF-3L – long neck tenor)

Very pretty grain pattern on that uke. You know if Kamaka had it at NAMM at their booth ,they felt the same way. Congrats

Actually, I think it is about 2" longer than their regular tenor. I picked one up in Honolulu at Kamaka. I really like mine, although it takes a while to get used to the long fingerboard. I had Kamaka put a pickup in it at their factory. Really sounds sweet

what an amazing ukulele. Congratulations on the purchase. Oh wow...I think it's time for my medication :eek:

Want to hear something funny? I was just at Island Bazaar on Wednesday and I played with that exact Uke for about 35 minutes !it sounds and plays Amazing!! I was replacing my Koaloha pineapple Sunday . Congratulations !!that is one Incredible Uke !!

Gorgeous uke - congrats. Now I have to go take something for this UAS I feel coming on . . .

Congrats! Gorgeous new uke. My HF-3 special has a similar grain pattern and, as Hobo posted, doesn't sound bad with the stock strings.
Enjoy your new uke!

Wow. I really want that. Congrats!

Thanks guys! And congrats to those who mentioned they recently picked up a Kamaka themselves!!

I am really enjoying this uke! Last night I was wondering how it would sound with some Aquilas I had on hand, so I swapped strings. They are not for this uke (for me anyway). This morning I put the Worth Clears back on. I find that different ukes sound better with different strings – I still love aquilas on certain ukes. No hard and fast rules.

I've been wanting to try some Ko'olau Alohis or Mahanas. Anyone tried these on a Kamaka tenor?

Want to hear something funny? I was just at Island Bazaar on Wednesday and I played with that exact Uke for about 35 minutes !it sounds and plays Amazing!! I was replacing my Koaloha pineapple Sunday . Congratulations !!that is one Incredible Uke !!

Yep, that's kinda what happened with me...I played it for like 20 minutes a couple weeks ago, and I knew I needed to get it. I'm just glad it was still around when I scrounged up the funds.

Actually, I think it is about 2" longer than their regular tenor. I picked one up in Honolulu at Kamaka. I really like mine, although it takes a while to get used to the long fingerboard. I had Kamaka put a pickup in it at their factory. Really sounds sweet

You're right, I measured today and it has a 19" scale. What strings are you using on yours? I am now wondering if I should use something different than regular tenor strings, but baritone strings may not be right either...

wow...its a lovely lookin uke...hope you enjoy it...regards..andy

Beautiful! I told my wife the other day I wasn't going to buy another uke until I could afford a Kamaka (or other top quality K-brand).

I own 3 ukes already, a small collection by this forum;s UAS standards but a lot for a guy with my limited "mad money."

I think this may be my next ukulele in the future. I've googled it and can't find much info on them or any for sale. Any one know where there are any for sale or info on them?

string recommendation for you new HF-3L

I recommend you go to the ukulele site...they have a wealth of knowledge about string sets. the owner of the company is the son of the founder of Koolau, and has made ukuleles himself. His brothers and father are still making fine ukulele at Koolau.

I bought my son a Pono and it has mahana strings from Koolau...those rock! I might also recommend Aquilas...

if you look up the HF-3 on their website...Aaron demos a bunch of different string sets! It is a really good demo on low versus standard high g setups...plus they are all on HF-3s so you are not comparing different instruments!

http://www.theukulelesite.com/

Top Bottom