aNueNue pineapple and Luna pineapple

ChrisRCovington

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've mentioned in a few other posts that I think the aNueNue U900 pineapple and the Luna Tattoo pineapple are made in the same factory in China. I thought I'd post a few photos of them side by side for everyone. They are both nice ukuleles made of a very high grade laminate (compared to most laminates I've seen anyway). They sound very much alike. There are a few cosmetic differences including fret markers, exact headstock shape, bridge and some of the decoration. Other parts of them are almost identical. The body shape is identical when you place them back to back. They came out of the same mold. The bracing inside is the same too. The neck is the same shape and even the bottom of the headstock is the same. The only difference is the very top decoritive part of the headstock. They have the same shaped fret board and the same nut. The turners look the same but the aNueNue are Grover tuners and the Luna has some that look the same but don't say Grover on them. The price difference between the two is pretty big though. The Luna only cost me about $70. The aNueNue on the other hand costs almost twice as much at $130. I like the aNueNue because it is cute and looks really cool (and it was a gift) but as far as quality is concerned the Luna is a better deal in my opinion. Here are some photos of both side by side.

Luna anuenue1.jpgLuna anuenue2.jpgLuna anuenue3.jpgLuna anuenue4.jpgLuna anuenue5.jpg

Thank you for doing the comparison! If I plan to get a pineapple, it will be the Luna Pineapple. :)

No worries. Also as you can see the space between the rabbit ears isn't supported by anything. I'm a little worried something will hit it and break that small piece of wood off. I treat my things pretty good, but things happen. I'd hate to see such a cute uke get broken.

Thank you for the post! Now I feel even better about my purchase.

yes thanx Chris, i had a Luna for christmas and to be honest i was in two minds on whether to keep it, but after filing the nut slots down and the saddle it plays quite nicely, nice little comparison and as stated by freeda, i feel a lot happier with the uke after you have compared

Hey everyone,

Glad this was helpful. Sure looks like the same ukulele doesn't it? One minor complaint about the U900 the fret ends stick out a bit on the sides of the fret board and need to be dressed, also the nut is a little off too. It isn't too bad but you would think a more expensive ukulele would have had a better set up? Guess not. As far as sound goes though they both sound really good. They both project well. You wouldn't be sorry with either one but the Luna sure beats out on price.

Hey everyone,

Glad this was helpful. Sure looks like the same ukulele doesn't it? One minor complaint about the U900 the fret ends stick out a bit on the sides of the fret board and need to be dressed, also the nut is a little off too. It isn't too bad but you would think a more expensive ukulele would have had a better set up? Guess not. As far as sound goes though they both sound really good. They both project well. You wouldn't be sorry with either one but the Luna sure beats out on price.

I had a similar issue with the fret ends on my recently purchased Kamoa E3 pineapple. After watching a youtube video by Mya-Moe on fret dressing using a fingernail shaping tool, I was able to easily fix the problem in less than 15 minutes with a similar fingernail shaping tool.

I had a similar issue with the fret ends on my recently purchased Kamoa E3 pineapple. After watching a youtube video by Mya-Moe on fret dressing using a fingernail shaping tool, I was able to easily fix the problem in less than 15 minutes with a similar fingernail shaping tool.
How do you do it without scraping the neck?

Top Bottom