Song Help Request Jake and Bruce Shimabukuro - You Belong With Me (Taylor Swift cover)

Vindario

Reaction score
I think I have watched this over a million times. I just love it. But i would even love it more if i could play it by my self. I have tried to watch what jake playes. I see a C, G, Am, F most of the time, but i am pretty sure that it was a Csus4 there too, haha. And the picking that bruce playes is just freaking awesome. It is impossible to see what he playes, so i guess i have to learn it by ear.
So i will try to tab it out but would i really apriciate some help here :D

And just look at Jake when he playes. He is so happy! And the brothership between Jake and bruce is really touching.

The melody in this song is actually pretty easy to figure out and play. I'd tab it out myself but I don't have the time at the moment to tab it. Goodluck with it though !

|-10-10---10-12-8----8----8----------10-10---10-12-8----8----8---------10-----10--8-8-7-5-
|-8-----8---------12---12---12-10----8-----8---------12---12---12-10----8-----------------
|-0-----------------------------------0-----------------------------------0-----------------
|-0-----------------------------------0-----------------------------------0-----------------

this is what I got so far. Thank you Bao

That's one of the great appeals of Jake--the truly happy expression and the fact he spreads that happiness around. In a mean and sorry world, he's a really big bright shining star.

I think I have watched this over a million times. I just love it. But i would even love it more if i could play it by my self. I have tried to watch what jake playes. I see a C, G, Am, F most of the time, but i am pretty sure that it was a Csus4 there too, haha. And the picking that bruce playes is just freaking awesome. It is impossible to see what he playes, so i guess i have to learn it by ear.
So i will try to tab it out but would i really apriciate some help here :D

And just look at Jake when he playes. He is so happy! And the brothership between Jake and bruce is really touching.

Reviving this old thread 'cause I too love this video and want to learn both parts. As a new player it will be good to work out the lead by ear, but some tab would nonetheless be welcome!

Top Bottom