Jake Shimabukuo Concert in South Jersey

This will be a awesome concert, as Ed stated this is a great theater to see Jake perform!

Just giving this a bump. Jake tickets are still on sale. Still very good seats and still $5 per ticket off to UU members using the coupon code "UU". The theatre is located 25 minutes from Philly, 40 minutes from Atlantic city, 40 minutes from Delaware, 30 minutes from Trenton, and 90 minutes from New York. tickets available at www.mainstage.org

I can't wait to see him. Three more days!

We've had our tix for 3 weeks or so now - very excited he's coming to South Jersey of all places. We count! We count!! Also very excited to hear about the UU group play afterward. With all those ukes going, no one should hear me at ALL. ;)

Curious - anyone planning on having their ukulele autographed? I didn't bring one to Princeton a little while back, but so many folks did, and he was signing them. Wondering where folks stand on this.

The concert is finally here on Sunday, April 15 with Jake. I am looking forward to meeting so may fellow UU members. Tickets sales have been pretty good- could be better of course, but it is going to be one heck of a good time. I am planning a monster jam after the concert. Actually, Jake takes about 2 hours after the show to pose for pictures and sign autographs, so I have made the stage available for a monster jam. I am looking for ideas on how to organize this. One thought was to just do an open mic kind of thing since we will have lights, and sound on stage and anyone in the seats can play along. Or would it be better to just organize it as a monster jam and bring as many as want to come up on stage and have chairs for them? If we do that- what do I do for music? Any/all ideas are welcome.

I can't wait! :)

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you tonight! Thanks for the heads up on how long it's going to take to meet Jake.

Great meeting everyone last night. Jake was awesome. Colin was fabulous handling the jam. And I was just in amazement. so many Great people with their ukes. Ukulele players are truly genuine people. We had audience members from :Maryland, DC, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Conneticut. Jake was very happy with the entire day and loved the crowd. You can see pictures from last night here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150743097902567.427532.14133277566&type=3

Thanks to all

Wanted to add my thanks as well Ed, a really great night. Had to head home before the jamming really got started but it was good to see you for the show. The pics look amazing!
Talk soon. See you at Havana in June?

Graig.

Thanks for a wonderful show, Ed. Nice to meet you last night. I didn't think it was possible for Jake to get better, but he does. I look forward to more shows there - great theater!

Wow, that must have been a great show! I saw Jake in IL and he was fabulous.

Ed, you hung with the man for hours...did he teach u anything about ukulele, or about life, for that matter? and, did he sign your Kala!? The world wants to know.

Steve,

I did spend time with Jake and it was everything I would have wanted it to be. Jake is probably the most centered (not self-centered) person I have ever met. He is genuine to the core. He is humble, passionate, and appreciative to be able to share his passion with the world. He genuinely loves those who come out to see him. When he speaks to you his eyes focus on you completely and he gives his all to you, whether performing, or talking to you individually. You know immediately that for Jake, it is all about you and not about him. That is rare, my friend. I wish I had more of that in me.

I spent time with Jake in the dressing room and after the show. We spoke of ukulele's and touring. We spoke of Hawaii and traditional Hawaiian music and musicians. He played my Kanile'a ukulele. signed my Kala. he picked up an ukulele of a friend of mine in the lobby after most had left except for our staff and he started playing AVE MARIA, just for us. Who does that???? A world class musician. International super-star just being one of the guys-- but with his playing you know that he is not just "one of the guys". I "play" the ukulele. Jake takes that instrument on a journey with angel's wings. I don't want to get into anymore detail concerning what we talked about, but the moment that sticks with me the most, and the most telling of the kind of person that Jake is, was in the moment when he was just done his concert. Right after the concert, Jake was amazing, and exhausted. He came off the stage and I went backstage and he gave me the warmest hug and said, "thank you." Again, I ask, who does that--- no other entertainers I know. The day was filled with genuine handshakes, fist bumps, embraces and shaka signs. A day I really will never forget--- and not because of celebrity, but because I met a truly gifted man of the world who lives each and every moment to the fullest. And everyone who met him felt the same way.

Jake did this song in honor of the Cherry Blossom Festival, which was yesterday. Also, I never heard so many people in this theatre so quiet as I did at this concert. Jake played about 80 minutes and the time flew by. When he said, "this is the last song" I could not believe it. it seemed like we had just started.
Wow, that must have been a great show! I saw Jake in IL and he was fabulous.

Ed, you hung with the man for hours...did he teach u anything about ukulele, or about life, for that matter? and, did he sign your Kala!? The world wants to know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom