Ukulele Games?

ckellogg

Reaction score
I'd like to do a bit of a fundraiser with our Ukulele group, and would love to do games of some kind. Especially ones that beginners can participate in. So far I have -

"Say Jake's name 10 times fast - the fastest is the winner"
Fining those who insist on talking and playing loudly at the wrong times, you know what I mean.

Any ideas? I'm open to just about anything.

Thanks!!!

What a pity- I was hoping we could have a contest in the style of the Hunger Games with the uke as our weapon.

I'd like to do a bit of a fundraiser with our Ukulele group, and would love to do games of some kind. Especially ones that beginners can participate in. So far I have -

"Say Jake's name 10 times fast - the fastest is the winner"
Fining those who insist on talking and playing loudly at the wrong times, you know what I mean.

Any ideas? I'm open to just about anything.

Thanks!!!

Once where I worked we had a "contest" to see who could refrain from swearing. Every time you said a cuss word, you had to put a quarter in the jar. I would always laugh whenever one particularly potty-mouthed co-worker put her money in. She finally called me "Miss Goody Two Shoes" because I was good at restraining myself. So I got out a quarter, walked over to the jar, smiled at her and said "F*** you!" as I dropped it in. :p

At the end of a month, we used the money to go out to lunch together.

why not have a chord progression race for the beginners.........use uncle rods boot camp 1st page and whoever finishes the page first is the winner, they can strum either 4x, 3x, twice or just once, you will need a couple of judges to make sure they don't miss any chords, but hey its just a game, plus they are learning their chords at the same time

why not have a chord progression race for the beginners.........use uncle rods boot camp 1st page and whoever finishes the page first is the winner, they can strum either 4x, 3x, twice or just once, you will need a couple of judges to make sure they don't miss any chords, but hey its just a game, plus they are learning their chords at the same time

This is good - thanks!!!!

Play "going out west" with notes. (You know, "I'm going out west and I'm bringing an apple" and the next guy says "I'm going out west and I'm bringing an apple and a beaver" and so on...) Let the first guy play a note and then the next guy plays that guys note and his own new one. So it's a memory game as well as a "what sounds good game". My young students get a kick out of this because there is a bit of a competition element.

Top Bottom