"The Seventh Season of the Ukulele" contest: WOODY WEEK

Should there be a specific fixed format for a point system for this competition.
flair 1-5 points
originality 1-5 points
playing, 1-5 points
singing, 1-5 points
personality, 1-5 points
setting and the 1-5 points
j'ne cais quoi factor 1-5 points
Etc
Something that could be printed off or am I going to way overboard in having a competition standard?

I'm comfortable letting each week's new head judge decide on the scoring breakdown, and he or she can share as much information as he or she likes.

a teaser for you folks re week 7 final results...

ALAN'S TOP 5:

1. wee_ginga_yin
2. J-Peg
3. mattydee
3. chrimess
5. TheOnlyUkeThatMatters

EUGENIE'S TOP 5...

1. glass
2. wee_ginga_yin
3. myrnaukulele
4. ukuleledaveey
5. mattydee
5. ukuleledaddy

talk about setting the cat amongst the pigeons.

All scores will be aggregated with final standings later today gang! Scores were tight all round and very little difference between 1 and 14. Having 3 different judges made certain that things were evened out as each judge had a unique take on the performances and different things tickled different fancies. Maybe a good thing as we keep this going to try and have 3 people doing it ... not always possible but it worked for us this week anyway...

back later :)

well...looks like everyone's already hopped over to the 8th season so i may as well just post results now

EUGENE'S TOP 5:

1. J-Peg
1. TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
3. wee_ginga_yin
4. mattydee
5. ukuloonie
5. myrnaukulele

FINAL RESULTS...

1. wee_ginga_yin 127
2. J-Peg 119
3. myrnaukulele 117

if anyone wants details re their scores / placings etc just PM me.
Thanks everyone, well done!!! lots of fun. Rob, will PM you re your prize.

Well done wee-ginga and well done everyone, thanks for making me welcome and all your support and great comments, i feel flattered that i made it into Euginie's top 5 , that has made my day, thanks so much to you and Alan for taking the time to critique every video, really appreciate all the hard work you have put in, now onto the 8 th week :

Once again many thanks everyone

Last edited:
Woohoo! wee_ginga_WIN!! Congratulations, Rob!

And congratulations and thank you to everyone for another week of great music. Thanks, especially, to Jon for keeping us strumming for another season.

Looking forward to having a musical Easter with y'all. <3

a teaser for you folks re week 7 final results...

ALAN'S TOP 5:

1. wee_ginga_yin
2. J-Peg
3. mattydee
3. chrimess
5. TheOnlyUkeThatMatters

EUGENIE'S TOP 5...

1. glass
2. wee_ginga_yin
3. myrnaukulele
4. ukuleledaveey
5. mattydee
5. ukuleledaddy

talk about setting the cat amongst the pigeons.

All scores will be aggregated with final standings later today gang! Scores were tight all round and very little difference between 1 and 14. Having 3 different judges made certain that things were evened out as each judge had a unique take on the performances and different things tickled different fancies. Maybe a good thing as we keep this going to try and have 3 people doing it ... not always possible but it worked for us this week anyway...

back later :)

Congrats to the winners and thanks to Eugenie for ranking me up there!!!! Maybe I have a Tasmanian groupie???

well...looks like everyone's already hopped over to the 8th season so i may as well just post results now

EUGENE'S TOP 5:

1. J-Peg
1. TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
3. wee_ginga_yin
4. mattydee
5. ukuloonie
5. myrnaukulele

FINAL RESULTS...

1. wee_ginga_yin 127
2. J-Peg 119
3. myrnaukulele 117

congrats to the wee man!, jpeg...great rendition!..myrnauke, cool...and way too cold for me! congrats all! now, on to spring and warmth!

EUGENE'S TOP 5:

1. J-Peg
1. TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
3. wee_ginga_yin
4. mattydee
5. ukuloonie
5. myrnaukulele

FINAL RESULTS...

1. wee_ginga_yin 127
2. J-Peg 119
3. myrnaukulele 117

What? What?? What??? Me win something? Must be a mistake!!!
Somebody demand a recount!!!

Acceptance speeches are like the waitresses at a busy restaurant.
When they're good, they're quick and hardly noticeable,
and when they're bad, they can ruin the whole affair.

So I will keep it short and say thanks for letting me play in your game,
Getting chosen instead of being left out is the best feeling ever...
and Jon can I have a framed copy of the nice words you said on your
"impressions video":smileybounce:

All the best

Rob

Well done, all! And extra congrats to Rob, and thanks to Jon. Time for Easter!

Congrats Rob! You definitely deserve it.

And I'm amazed to come in second. Don't know how that happened:confused:

Congrats Rob! You definitely deserve it.

And I'm amazed to come in second. Don't know how that happened:confused:

Yes Rob congratulations! Your entry really touched my heart. I'm glad to see your soulful rendition of that song took first prize.
And J-Peg- you did a wonderful rendition of Touch Me. Jonatha Brooke has taken many of Woody's lyrics and turned them into beautiful songs on her record The Works. I love that you used one of these songs for your entry and made it your own.
As for my humble banjolele playing - so glad the judges liked it(and so surprised to come in third- I would have picked Ralf or Christian or ukuleledavey or one of you other fine players :)

Thanks for continuing on with the Seasons contest eugeneukulele!
and thanks to the judges as well - another fun contest!

Yes Rob congratulations! Your entry really touched my heart. I'm glad to see your soulful rendition of that song took first prize.
And J-Peg- you did a wonderful rendition of Touch Me. Jonatha Brooke has taken many of Woody's lyrics and turned them into beautiful songs on her record The Works. I love that you used one of these songs for your entry and made it your own.
As for my humble banjolele playing - so glad the judges liked it(and so surprised to come in third- I would have picked Ralf or Christian or ukuleledavey or one of you other fine players :)

Thanks for continuing on with the Seasons contest eugeneukulele!
and thanks to the judges as well - another fun contest!
myrnaukelele you deserved to be ranked high, you were fantastic, I am gob smacked you mentioned me :O, I don't consider myself any more than a intermediate beginner I can strum , but I certainly don't have any je ne suis quais factor, but thanks so much for your wonderful words , in fact thanks so much everyone for your support, for a big lump of lard that i am, i do look a bit of a bruiser, i am in fact a delicate little flower, anyway happy Easter you wonderful people :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom