Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is a used Taylor 314 ce

I bought a new 314ce back in 2004 a limited edition with the expression system. I sold it a few years later in excellent condition for $1100. I see them go for around $900 to $1050 depending on which pickup system it has. The expression system being the better. It was a really good player with a nice sound. You can't go wrong with that choice.

I bought it. It sounds incredible really. I had brought a Collings concert for fun to let the seller try a uke and ........ THe Collings uke paled - just paled in comparison to the sound from the Taylor.

The Taylor is a monster - big but I am determined to learn and play a guitar. We'll see.

Congrats on the Taylor purchase, and good luck with learning the guitar! It's definitely a different animal. If you want to feel more at home on it, just slap a capo on the fifth fret and you can pretend you're playing a giant uke.
    ~ Nate (The Invisible Man)

My YouTube Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by nscafe View Post
    Congrats on the Taylor purchase, and good luck with learning the guitar! It's definitely a different animal. If you want to feel more at home on it, just slap a capo on the fifth fret and you can pretend you're playing a giant uke.
    Thanks for the advice. its gonna take a while. The uke is lots of fun and easy.

This Taylor is a big boat with a huge butt.

Hi

You can play a ukulele song on a guitar. My buddy, Thatcher, plays Jake Shimabukuro's "Pianoforte" on his geetar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2BeAdOlUo

Cheers
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnoda View Post
    Hi

You can play a ukulele song on a guitar. My buddy, Thatcher, plays Jake Shimabukuro's "Pianoforte" on his geetar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2BeAdOlUo

Cheers
    Chief
    I like his version...no crazy stretches!!

I know exactly what you mean. I recently bought a cheap parlour guitat, but the sound is incredible and it does make the uke sound a bit like strumming a cardboard box with elastic bands on it! after a having it a few weeks though, you learn that they each have their place. Enjoy it, loads of good lessons on youtube.

Thread Information