How much is a used Taylor 314 ce

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
Assuming it all is good. - not excellent condition - good to good plus.

Go over to the Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum or the Acoustic Guitar Forum - they both have sales so you could get some info there.

Go over to the Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum or the Acoustic Guitar Forum - they both have sales so you could get some info there.
THanks. I have fished more on the internet so I have a rough estimate.

Now basically, if anybody has some caveats or good words about Taylor and this particular model, let me know. From all I can tell, this is a decent guitar.

i've been going back and forth between deciding on that guitar and a martin gpcpa4... they're similarly spec'd (all solid, made in the usa), but the martin is priced a couple of hundred dollars cheaper.

THanks. I have fished more on the internet so I have a rough estimate.

Now basically, if anybody has some caveats or good words about Taylor and this particular model, let me know. From all I can tell, this is a decent guitar.

Well, I personally have a 414ce, and I love it. I was torn between the 314ce and the 414ce, and ended up going with the 414 mostly due to the appearance. I prefer the white binding on the 414 and the grain/color of the ovangkol vs. the sapele. Both use non-standard woods for the back and sides, and I think are very similar in sound/tone. I personally don't think you can go wrong with a Taylor.

Thanks you 2. I am living in a location with limited options. This is the first nice acoustic that showed up in 4-5 months so.... Its likely the best I'll find in at least 6 months baring shipping- but I'd rather play the guitar I purchase prior to owning it.

I've heard good things about Taylor. I don't need any bling or performance guitar until I know if I have the guitar playing buzz solidified as a hobby.

I'm a huge Taylor fan. Great guitars!!!

I own 2 Taylor guitars. Taylor 814ce & K14ce.

Used Taylor 314ce guitars generally sell anywhere from $1000 - $1500, depending on the condition.

Last edited:
Having just going through the acoustic guitar buying process and looking at Taylors, I can say they are good guitars that I think are a little pricey. Maybe they are worth it. I ended up buying an Eastman guitar, and it is fantastic. After it came in, I went a friends house and A/B compared against his Taylors. Different wood combos of course produced different sounds. But as far as playability, I was as happy with my new guitar as any of his Taylors.

None of this is to put a damper on a search for a Taylor. Just a thought.

[...] I can say [Taylors] are good guitars that I think are a little pricey.

I think that once anything reaches a certain level of "fame" among consumers, they charge a vanity tax for the name. Different companies charge different amounts - some very very little others quite a lot - but I would be willing to wager that all things being equal, a name version of anything would cost more than the identical (design, specs, materials, etc) non-name version.

That being said, getting a good preowned one usually wipes away that tax and makes it the way to go.

Usually :)

Having just going through the acoustic guitar buying process and looking at Taylors, I can say they are good guitars that I think are a little pricey. Maybe they are worth it. I ended up buying an Eastman guitar, and it is fantastic. After it came in, I went a friends house and A/B compared against his Taylors. Different wood combos of course produced different sounds. But as far as playability, I was as happy with my new guitar as any of his Taylors.

None of this is to put a damper on a search for a Taylor. Just a thought.

Hey Lancejt,

Eastman guitars are great Chinese made guitars. I bought an Eastman mini jumbo AC515, but it was damaged during shipping. It had a 20" crack completely through the wood from the butt end of the bottom of the lower bout to where an end pin or jack is installed all the way up the left side to the height of the sound hole. The crack broke my heart!

I played the guitar, holding it together by applying pressure with my picking/strumming hand and arm, and it sounded great! I regretfully returned it for a full refund. I really wished that it arrived undamaged because that guitar was definitely a keeper.

I have since played several Eastman guitars and they are a great value for their price point, which is much less than comparable Taylor or Martin guitars.

Last edited:
I bought a new 314ce back in 2004 a limited edition with the expression system. I sold it a few years later in excellent condition for $1100. I see them go for around $900 to $1050 depending on which pickup system it has. The expression system being the better. It was a really good player with a nice sound. You can't go wrong with that choice.

I bought it. It sounds incredible really. I had brought a Collings concert for fun to let the seller try a uke and ........ THe Collings uke paled - just paled in comparison to the sound from the Taylor.

The Taylor is a monster - big but I am determined to learn and play a guitar. We'll see.

Congrats on the Taylor purchase, and good luck with learning the guitar! It's definitely a different animal. If you want to feel more at home on it, just slap a capo on the fifth fret and you can pretend you're playing a giant uke. ;)

Congrats on the Taylor purchase, and good luck with learning the guitar! It's definitely a different animal. If you want to feel more at home on it, just slap a capo on the fifth fret and you can pretend you're playing a giant uke. ;)

Thanks for the advice. its gonna take a while. The uke is lots of fun and easy.

This Taylor is a big boat with a huge butt.

I know exactly what you mean. I recently bought a cheap parlour guitat, but the sound is incredible and it does make the uke sound a bit like strumming a cardboard box with elastic bands on it! after a having it a few weeks though, you learn that they each have their place. Enjoy it, loads of good lessons on youtube.

Top Bottom