"The 8th Season of the Ukulele" Contest : Easter/Spring week

Having done a serious song for Easter (Jerusalem Tomorrow) there needs to be
some checks and balances so here is a little Bunny song (Run Rabbit Run) I recorded with my
granddaughter Elli whilst over in the UK last week.

It involves a hand-puppet, a distorted mirror, and is no more than a compilation of errors,
but sometimes the mistakes are better than a perfect performace. For your amusement only.

that was amusing, a little scary, just kidding, what a treasure Elli is!.....................

You have the tricksters and fraudsters who are only in it for the money.
( I recorded this a couple of weeks ago and as I don't have time to do another song for EASTER I thought I would enter it anyway just to make up the numbers )

wow, thanks for that, great job. didn't know that song..

Nice song wee_ginga, felt like it was a voyeuristic video, that i was spying on you through the undergrowth (im thinking of david Bellamy now), really enjoyed it and congrats on winning last week :) have a great easter

Well I had the idea that tricksters usually have to hide behind some sort of mask,
and those blood red dogwood branches happened to be in the house for Easter
so I positioned the camera behind them... trying to give the impression that
something is being hidden here.

Ohh, a new baby ReaderMo! Good luck and congratulations! I love babies, maybe more than I love ukuleles, maybe.

Excellent! Thanks for making the deadline 04/15! That's Easter (Pascha) for us Eastern Orthodox Christians this year. (I have a baby being born on 04/09, so I probably won't be participating anyway, but it's still nice to know that we Orthodox haven't been forgotten altogether :) )

It was written by one of my favourite singer/songwriters, the unsung David Olney
It is such a well crafted song since it causes the old thought processes to do somersaults
trying to figure out what is going on.

Check out:

David Olney Fireside Chat
I got to see him at a "home concert", he played bayside in front of 40 people.great songwriter.

Hi All

Can't resist posting another one. Can you tell I'm supposed to be working on my taxes?
This one is heavy on the adult innuendo. Easter and Spring Festivals in general are really about fecundity though, right?
"Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits" by The Magnetic Fields.
The instrumental break needs a lot of work. enjoy
and congrats to ReaderMo

Love it, great Ian Dury style deadpan delivery (and accent)!

Wow what a compliment :eek: thanks so much Peewee, to be compared to the legendary Ian Dury, unfortunately i was born and raised in rural essex, my dads generation were the last to have the local accent as after the war many massive new towns were built to accomadate the homeless from london due to the bombing and hence we lost our country accent :(,

Ian Dury, now that would be a awesome season week !!!!!!!

Hi All

Can't resist posting another one. Can you tell I'm supposed to be working on my taxes?
This one is heavy on the adult innuendo. Easter and Spring Festivals in general are really about fecundity though, right?
"Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits" by The Magnetic Fields.
The instrumental break needs a lot of work. enjoy
and congrats to ReaderMo

Loved that Peewee, well played sir, is that uke one of your antique martins ? i also really like your t-shirt, happy easter mate

Hey strumsilly, I'm struggling! Does 'Harvest moon' qualify?

Sorry,Wrong season. the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox is the Harvest moon. there are tons of songs about Spring/Easter. how about Morning has Broken.

Ok so I googled it and in the top 10 songs for spring is 'daydream' by 'The lovin spoonful' which is apparently about "The simple joys of being in love on a spring day"...That ok?

Having done a serious song for Easter (Jerusalem Tomorrow) there needs to be
some checks and balances so here is a little Bunny song (Run Rabbit Run) I recorded with my
granddaughter Elli whilst over in the UK last week.

It involves a hand-puppet, a distorted mirror, and is no more than a compilation of errors,
but sometimes the mistakes are better than a perfect performace. For your amusement only.

That. Is. Adorable!

Top Bottom