"Ninth Season of the Ukulele" contest: SMILES AND SUNSHINE

Welp, the chorus doesn't mention smiles or sunshine, but the (seldom performed) introduction sure does. You'll just need to include that intro. Aha, a challenge!

(If you don't have access to sheets for the intro, I could scan them and email them your way. You might need to do some transposing to use them. Aha, another challenge!)

could you send me the sheets? That would be super awesome.

Cool, Phil!

I just spent the last two hours writing an original just for the contest. Sometimes the muse strikes with the wierdest things...

Now all I have to do is find some quiet time to record it between now and next weekend.

John

Done my song just waiting for it to upload to youtube,I am gutted I managed to do a first take near enough spot on, but i had the mic all wrong, then it was all down hill from there:) i have enough spare junk and swearing for a bloopers reel :)
Should be uploaded within the hour :)

Sunny side of the street

Tried to do this upbeat as it should be, but whilst experimenting with different tempos
and strum styles I managed to get a sort of doo-wop version that pleased me...
perhaps it will please you too.

Tried to do this upbeat as it should be, but whilst experimenting with different tempos
and strum styles I managed to get a sort of doo-wop version that pleased me...
perhaps it will please you too.

Loved ,lovely laid back version, and truthfully as i was listening to it, the sun broke through the dismal dark damp grey british skyline and shone for a few minutes, great job wee_ginga :)

Right here is my entry for week 9 "sunshine and smiles " thanks for taking the mantle and running this week Ralf, good luck everyone and look forward to your songs :)

Nice work, must have heard that a million times on the AM radio way back when. I like that your happy song is really sad. Hope I get some time to enter this challenge!

Loved ,lovely laid back version, and truthfully as i was listening to it, the sun broke through the dismal dark damp grey british skyline and shone for a few minutes, great job wee_ginga :)

Sometimes I think if I were any more laid back I would be comatose.
I think I was more influence by the Judy Garland version than the
Willie Nelson :eek:ld:

Though it would be wonderful to swing it like Dizzy Gillespie.

Wow...couple of great entries right out of the gate. I love that song Daveey - haven't heard it in ages. Wee - that was a pretty darn cool version of that song.

Wow...couple of great entries right out of the gate. I love that song Daveey - haven't heard it in ages. Wee - that was a pretty darn cool version of that song.
Thanks John :) yeah i have always loved that song, every time i hear it, it takes me back to when i was a toddler in my parents house playing my mums LPs. I didnt realise it was originally a french poem, recorded my a belgium singer, and the beachboys did a version but didnt want to release it, and terry jacks wrote some new words and loved it, he was involved with the beach boys, i got all this off wikipedia, so hopefully its right, looking forward to your entry John :)

Last edited:
Great idea Ralf and thanks for taking that baton mate. I was gutted I couldn't join in last week - webcam troubles...*sigh* I should have my new one in loads of time for this weeks one so I cant wait. Now, to pick a song...;)

Top Bottom