"Eleventh Season of the Ukulele Contest"

well done, guys- Go Bayern!

@Oldephart: How is "Rock 'n' Roll" for PG13?

Thanks to all! The idea of a blues contest is just brilliant. Oldephart :bowdown:
All the entries are great! We really enjoyed watching them and hope there are some more to come!

Great rendition Doug. That's two weeks in a row we've had a cover of a tune from the "radio" in Fallout New Vegas - I think we've got some gamers in this bunch!

Thanks, John. I'm not a gamer, just a Peggy Lee fan. I'd never hear of 'Fallout New Vegas' until I came across references to it in the comment feeds of some the videos I researched for this.

The song has an interesting article on wikipedia. I tried to link it in the description of my video, but it doesn't seem to work. Let's see if it works here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Don't_You_Do_Right?

Okay folks, one day left, need to get about four or five more vids in here so I can add another player to the finalist pool for the drawing of that ever so valuable and special Dolphin!

BTW, I spent an hour out on the porch last night watching the thunderstorms just to the south of us and playing that Dolphin - so it'll be "played in" a little bit for the winner... :)

And finally, here's a link I found to something that explains the blues perfectly! Maybe someone can draw a little inspiration from it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWTKj0rKk_o

John

I'm recording in the morning. Still a little surprised no one snagged my song, but there's still time yet. If so, I'll have to sing the guess I didn't tape in time blues.

Hey all,

So I'm a relatively new ukulele player, and I've been using these contests as an excuse/reason to learn new songs each week (e.g. "You Are My Sunshine" for Smiles and Sun week, and "Sleeping Satellite" for Earth week), but this is the first time I've entered a video. Thanks for watching, listening, and suffering through some awkward chord changes. I'm covering "Backwater Blues."

http://youtu.be/pQ-dtPT7yMQ

Great submissions so far everyone! Here's my attempt. Sinner's Prayer. Love this song. I always thought I sounded ok singing along with it in the car so I figured I'd give it a shot! Haha

You're all witness to my first attempt at 12-bar blues on the uke. I also figured out how loud I can get before my Snowball microphone clips out... ;) Enjoy!

Oh yeah!
sing them blues~

Hey all,

So I'm a relatively new ukulele player, and I've been using these contests as an excuse/reason to learn new songs each week (e.g. "You Are My Sunshine" for Smiles and Sun week, and "Sleeping Satellite" for Earth week), but this is the first time I've entered a video. Thanks for watching, listening, and suffering through some awkward chord changes. I'm covering "Backwater Blues."

http://youtu.be/pQ-dtPT7yMQ
Hi ya great to see you here, well done for entering, wow your doing great for a newbie, loved the song, your strummin was pretty good you know, ive been learning a year and your pretty well up there with me, you have a lovely voice to, which sounded great for the blues, well done and hope to see you take part in future seasons , keep it up your doing great :)

Great entries, all of 'em!

Nate, I think you must've scored a perfect 10 for that vocal performance, holy cow! :cool:

Doug, I love that song, used to play it in my old trio, still play it sometimes at home but after hearing your rendition I'll probably never play it again... just kidding :) but no, seriously...

ukuleledaveey, loved "Ukulele Blues" but dang it, that's what I was gonna call my song! lol... that's ok bro, yours is better, I just made up a new name for mine :)

and everybody else too, so much fun to watch and listen to all these Blues vids... gonna make a great playlist!

OldPharte, thank you so much for puttin' this on, classic Blues music has been a huge part of my life since I was a teenager and I really had a lot of fun doing this...I have been running through the ideas in my head all week, and last night at 2:00am I finally got the chance to put this vid together... drawing inspiration from my favorite Blues guitarists, I strung some riffs together and connected them with some improvised licks... one take on the iPhone again :)

Top Bottom