"Eleventh Season of the Ukulele Contest"

Thanks to John and others for your kind words and encouragement! I had a feeling I would like all of you. :)

Wow! Thank you so much! This was totally unexpected. Seriously. I have a huge smile on my face right now! Thanks for the kind words, all, and thanks for the win Oldephart (and for the great contest... You really brought out the big guns)! I can't wait to tell Chris that all these years later, his inspiration won me a little blue uke!

I really thought the quality of the performances this week was the best we've had so far. It's a testament to practice, I guess. I know it has been for me anyway. The pressure to learn and record a new song every week has been so good for my playing, and my singing, frankly, and I can't wait to see where we all go in the seasons to come.

Forward, my seasonistas!

Here it is everybody, I tried to keep it under an hour. I also rendered it in low res so it won't be such a big bandwidth hog - it's not like we need to see the pores in my skin while I flap my lips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGMV-MSZic&feature=youtu.be

Thanks again for participating everybody. Now, I've got to start working something up for the 12th season!

John,

Thanks so much for your review and for hosting this wonderful week of ukulele blues. As I've mentioned, I've been wanting to learn the blues for a while and I'll be watching all these videos many times. There's so much to draw on here and so much to learn. I feel very grateful to have all of this great inspiration you have all provided.

As far as my video, well it didn't come off as well as I'd like of course but it is what it is and I think enhances the lyrics. As far as that cheat sheet you spotted John, you're right that it is a cheat sheet but it contains the chords for a big show I was involved in over the weekend (which Ralf actually attended. Thanks Ralf!). That show kept me so busy last week I almost thought I wouldn't get an entry in this week.

thanks john for the kind words and for coming up with a great season contest! and congrats mattydee!
and to all the seasonists!! ditto what mattydee said, these one week contests really make me practice and challenge my playing, thanks for continuing them!

Another wonderful week of Seasons, everyone, thanks! A special thank you to John for keeping the Seasons going with a great challenge, and a hearty congratulations to mattydee for a well-deserved win!!

See y'all over at ukuleledaveey's three Rs!

PS Still waiting for final results for Sunshine and Smiles. I straightened out the communication glitch that had delayed the judging. Things are happening. Really.

Congrats mattydee! I fell behind on everyone's contributions to the contest on account of traveling to Hawaii(!) this week, so I'm catching up now. Tons of great entries. I'm truly outclassed in here, but I appreciate being allowed to play along anyway. :)

Hey OldePhart/John, you didn't happen to mention who all was on those four slips of paper did you? I'm just curious who else happened to be in there. Great contest this week, and a great theme. Thanks again for sponsoring this one!

Oh, and I know it's not obvious, and I don't blame you guys for pronouncing it wrong, but my username is actually my first initial and last name, Scafe (long A, silent E, pronounced like Scaif if that helps).

I've used variations on my name as usernames on the Internet for years, and people always think I own a cafe. I wish! :)

Congrats Mattydee!! Thanks John for holding a great contest and congrats to everyone else for continuing on this weekly contests!! Hopefully we will get to week 52 on the year anniversary!!

Congrats Matt, and thanks John for a fun contest.

Congrats Matty! you earned it... Thanks again OldPharte, I had so much fun with this one! if you are ever in Cali come on over and have a beer in the 'man-cave' and I'll show you how I got that tone with my mainland tenor and a 1949 Masco PA head :)

Congrats, Matty! And thanks, John, for hosting this one. I love me some blues!

I really enjoyed the vids that I saw (way too few as life got in the way, as it so often does). I hope there will be a lot more "seasons" contests. I'm enjoying watching, and hope to participate in some more as well.

Congrats Matt! Lots of fun with the dolphin!
Dear John, you've been a really great host! And such a tease ;)

Here's my entry. It's a work in progress. I'm overwhelmed by the sheer talent displayed this week. I will be displaying no such talent. It's been a goal of mine to learn the blues on ukulele for a while. If it were another week perhaps I could have spent the time necessary to put something nice together. But, as I mention in the song, "I ain't got no time to practice".

By the way, this is my first original song. I've never written a song before but this came together in like five minutes. Enjoy, warts and all.

I totally relate to this as a stay at home dad...on a side note just saw ukulele mike posted this on his Fb page, great job!

Top Bottom