Tenth Season of the Ukulele Challenge

Well, consid'ring I actually live on that isle full of noises, sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not, I suppose I should get off my butt and enter this, no?

ARGH!

Ok... tomorrow, I record. Today, I find a song!

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears...and I will pour poison in them..here is my Stratfordian entry, mewling and puking it's way into the world: Chinese Bones.

and here's Robyn Hitchcock doing it properly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2-V-1sivA
"It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock
The meat it feeds on."

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears...and I will pour poison in them..here is my Stratfordian entry, mewling and puking it's way into the world: Chinese Bones.

and here's Robyn Hitchcock doing it properly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2-V-1sivA
"It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock
The meat it feeds on."

Blimmey peewee that was quick off the mark :) that must be the fastest entry ever got to be worth bonus points :) well played sir, really enjoyed your song,im didnt matter that you didnt pick the strings the strummin was great as was your singing, is that one of the vintage martins ?? i could listen to those all day long.
you may have missed the original seasons comp as did i, but great to have you around and taking part now mate, keep it up, im struggling to find any songs at the moment i might try and write something of my own

Blimmey peewee that was quick off the mark :) that must be the fastest entry ever got to be worth bonus points :) well played sir, really enjoyed your song,im didnt matter that you didnt pick the strings the strummin was great as was your singing, is that one of the vintage martins ?? i could listen to those all day long.
you may have missed the original seasons comp as did i, but great to have you around and taking part now mate, keep it up, im struggling to find any songs at the moment i might try and write something of my own
Thanks Davey, you're a great morale booster.
I figure if I can't do it well, I should at least do it quickly, before all the heavy hitters get theirs in. And yeah that's the mahogany style 0. Please do write us a song, give the Bard of Barking a run for his money!
cheers, peewee

Last edited:

Very nice. I'm a big fan of the "Globe of Frogs" album.

Nice job peewee - I feel like I must've led a sheltered life because not only have I not heard that song, the only WS related song I can think of is Dire Straits Romeo and Juliet! Guess I'm just a rock'n'roll kinda guy. LOL

and, funnily enough, they literally did pave paradise to put up a parking lot down here!

Yeah...kinda sucks. Pretty much got to go to someplace like the Marshall Islands to get away from the overuse of asphalt...and I've been really tempted but what the heck is a software engineer going to do in the Marshall Islands!!! LOL

John

Aaaah, begone foul pigeon, an ill wind doth stench my midsummer ruminations of thespian glory and mine inspiration doth leave me. I hope, forsooth, only fleetingly. Yet shall I eat the fruit of the vine and drink from the cup and return for mine own pound of flesh in due season... :p

How about a song by the shakespeare Sisters?

This one is much iffier, as that's obviously a Virginia Woolf allusion. One degree too far for my taste, I think. Unless they have a song that itself fits the rules.

Hmmm just watched Anonymous... a movie which would suggest that Lord Oxford was responsible for the works of Shakespeare.

Actually, Francis Bacon has also been suggested as the writer of the Shakespeare plays. Since he needed to remain anonymous (or lose his head - Queen Elizabeth I was known to dispatch enemies of the crown in such a way) he worked out a deal with Shakespeare (an illiterate actor) to be the name behind the plays. He could then write with impunity. Francis Bacon traveled to France, Italy and Spain and was a member of the aristocracy. He was a genius - and it's quite possible it was he who authored the sonnets and plays of Shakespeare.

Top Bottom