Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Uke Day

Default New Uke Day

Hey Friends,
    I just unpacked my new Ko'olau CE-1 Tenor, it joins my Pono PTES-CM. I had just recently started a great new job and haven't really been playing alot. My band, Coconut Telegraph lost a member and I was just kinda down about playing. Well, the phone started ringing about gigs and whatnot and I just happened to meet a bass player and things are off and running. I decided I needed a uke to play in a band setting for events and such where the sound guy might be a little suspect. So, after some research, I pulled the trigger on the Ko'olau CE-1.
    First let's talk about the fit and finish. It has the same neck profile as my Pono Tenor which I like. It has a Koa top on a chambered Mahogany body with a satin finish. The fretwork is great and it plays very easily. It came strung with a low G set. Both the C and G are wound, this may take a little getting used to but so far so good.
    The unplugged sound is surprisingly good due to the chambered body. Late night kitchen picking should not bother anyone else in the crib. The electric sound is fantastic. The pickup is an L.R Baggs active pickup. I plugged into a Fender Delve Reverb and it sounded great even though this is an electric guitar amp. I then plugged into a small Yamaha PA. Wow, sound guys bugging me are a thing of the past. Very authentic ukulele sound.
    I will try and produce a youtube review with some live sound on it soon. I just wanted to share with you all.
    Two Ukes.jpg
    Beeru Onegashimasu.
    Pono and Godin Ukes
    Stupid Hat
    Sunglasses and Sandles

Beautiful! Congratulations! Do you like the way it sounds?
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Cool. Congrats!
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Very glad to hear that you're happy with it as I have one on order myself. I'm looking forward to your Youtube review...

- Maui Music Custom Bevel Koa Tenor
    - Risa Solid Concert

Nickie,
    Yes, I love the way it sounds. It will be perfect for playing with drums bass and guitar.
    Beeru Onegashimasu.
    Pono and Godin Ukes
    Stupid Hat
    Sunglasses and Sandles

Wow! Beautiful grain pattern!! I want an electric uke badly. Being the nosy bugger that I am, how much did this one set you back?
    You, sir, are the devil. --Tammy

Aloha Uncle Leroy,
    Congratulations, looks and sounds like a winner...happy strummings...

Beautiful man! Congrats! I have an L.R. Baggs active pickup on my Gibson LGO and I love the way it sounds. Cool!
    You are responsible for your own happiness!
    -Don
    Lanikai LU-21 Soprano
    Maccaferri Islander Deluxe
    Bushman Jenny Soprano
    Tiki Flea Concert

Sweet, nice looking uke. Congrats on gettin' back in the game, too.
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Consitter, Now worries mate, I got it from a store in Tokyo as I am impatient and couldn't wait. My tax refund covered it at around $1279.00 with the exchange rate between yen and dollars. I am going to rehearse with the band today, I will let you all know how it works out in that setting.
    Beeru Onegashimasu.
    Pono and Godin Ukes
    Stupid Hat
    Sunglasses and Sandles

Thread Information