Islander MSS-4, or Mainland Mahog Pineapple (near future)

watrr

Reaction score
I'm in the market, sort of, for a soprano. i've read .. ashamed to say.. countless threads about ukuleles for quite some time and narrowed it down to these based on the several great reviews and remarks on them in this price range but haven't quite found a good comparison between these two in particular. I LOVE the Pineapple, and want to try mahogany based on its warmth(according to what everyone says). I was almost set on buying the mainland classic mahogany pineapple but before i pull the trigger I want to make sure, as money isn't all that available.

Is the more expensive Islander MSS-4 worth that price over the Mainland Soprano Mahog Pineapple? Should I save up for the Islander or should I get the Mainland?

Anyone have these or either of them?

Thanks a lot for the time you guys, i really appreciate it

I have (pretty much) the exact same question. I assume that you made your choice by now. What did you end up deciding on?

I have a Mainland Mahogany Tenor that I really like. So, I trust that brand. I've also read a lot of good things about the Islander MSS-4
e.g., https://vimeo.com/27179915

Does anyone else have an opinion?

M

I'm in the market, sort of, for a soprano. i've read .. ashamed to say.. countless threads about ukuleles for quite some time and narrowed it down to these based on the several great reviews and remarks on them in this price range but haven't quite found a good comparison between these two in particular. I LOVE the Pineapple, and want to try mahogany based on its warmth(according to what everyone says). I was almost set on buying the mainland classic mahogany pineapple but before i pull the trigger I want to make sure, as money isn't all that available.

Is the more expensive Islander MSS-4 worth that price over the Mainland Soprano Mahog Pineapple? Should I save up for the Islander or should I get the Mainland?

Anyone have these or either of them?

Thanks a lot for the time you guys, i really appreciate it

Top Bottom