12 week of the seasons of the ukulele !!!!!!!!!!!

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
12th season of the Ukulele, week 12 rules

Please check this site out, they are judging and very very kindly donated prizeshttp://thefolk.co.uk/

Hi all and welcome to the 12th week of the seasons of the ukulele, continuing comp.
The RULES
1) One take. Doesn't have to be the first take but does have to be a single take with no dubs or cuts, etc. Must be a new video recorded for this contest - no recycling earlier videos. Don't forget the magic words spoken in the intro!
2) Uke must be primary featured instrument though you can include other instruments. Vocals optional.
3) Enter by posting your video on youtube and putting a post here in this thread with a link to the video.
4) Entry must be posted on youtube and entered here by midnight, Hawaiian time, Sunday night (i.e. when Sunday May 13th ends in Hawaii).
5) Must speak the magic words at the beginning of the video. The magic words are "twelfth season of the ukulele" or "Rebellion,Revolution & Renegades" or some readily recognizable form of those.
6) One entry per person - you can enter more times, but your last entry will be the one scored.

SCORING
As i have been blessed with a few judges, scoring will basically be scores from 1-10 in the following criteria :
Playing

Singing

Personality

So each entrant could get a possible max of 30 points form each judge, I will then add them all up and calculate the rankings.
Remember there is prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd, in the event of any ties, i will announce it and if there is not enough prizes to go round, i will draw the names of those tieing out of a hat.

So the judges will be : me, The Folk, their manager and my wife.

PRIZES : 1st Prize "The Folk " Tee shirt, Willie Nelson "Hero's" CD, Sham69 sew on patch
2ndPrize "The Folk" Tee shirt
3rd Prize "The Folk" Tee shirt

PLease check out the website for "The Folk " they really are great and have such talent, thery are getting recognition now by someo fthe tp radio DJ's in the UK and what should be of interest to all of you on here, is they have just secured sponsorship/ endorsment from Kala ukulele's and they are the young female face of teh Kala brand now, if you check out Kala's site you will see the video for their latest single, please also check out The Folk's offical website, address below my video.
Right let the compwtition begin, any queries feel free to drop me a line.

Last edited:
Brittania rules week twelve!

All right - good of you to step up, Daveey - I can't imagine why anybody would have any problems with that.

John

cheers all :) i just dont feel justified to judge those who are better players than me, ive acquired some top judges and hopefully be able to persuade the wife to judge all will be revealed saturday :)
Nevermind. How could I have done six in a row, then?

Well the intro video and what the theme is and the rules are all up on the very first post of this thread, i have re edited my original post, good luck everyone and hope we get loads of entries , hope i can do a good enough job for you all :)

Wow, interesting theme. I guess the first step is ruling out the songs I'm crazy to even consider. One of my favorite bands is this '70s progressive rock band from Italy called Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM). One of these days I'm going to cover one of their songs. But it won't be this more recent song from 2002 called "La Rivoluzione". I looked up the lyric sheet and "Oh my God, this song has THIS MANY lyrics?" Let alone that they're in Italian, and I don't speak Italian. Now to get real and go back through my iTunes library.

Gentile pubblico stasera siamo qua
Per un'ottima ragione
Da questa notte finalmente inizierà
la rivoluzione
Perché faremo briciole dell'immobilità
Saremo come la salsedine che la divorerà
e se sarà impossibile combattere
cambieremo regole
perché la regola sarà
Mai! Mai! Senza saltare Mai!
Mai! Mai! Senza ballare Mai!
Allora sarà splendido sentire intorno a te
questo battito costante
Mani che si muovono all'unisono con me
un cuore gigante
E non puoi fingere
perché saltare non è certo uguale a spingere
ma di sicuro è più facile coi piedi per terra
ma almeno da un punto di vista variabile
Salta ancora una volta
qualcuno ci ascolta
è sempre così
E ad ogni passo un suono immenso si propagherà
Chi non salta salterà
Attenti non è il momento di essere lenti
Restando seduti i vostri orizzonti rimangono bassi
e poi saltando si sciolgono i grassi
Mai! Mai! Senza saltare Mai!
Mai! Mai! Senza ballare Mai!
Salta ancora una volta
qualcuno ci ascolta
è sempre così… si può
contare un'ora, un giorno, un anno
un lungo inverno e non stancarsi mai
E come sempre la festa sarà
di un leggerissimo uccello che va
Vola più in alto, libero ah
Gentile pubblico stasera siamo qua
per un'unica ragione
saltare saltare saltare
saltare saltare saltare
finché la voglia ci deve passare
Salta ancora una volta
qualcuno ci ascolta
è sempre così… si può
contare un'ora, un giorno, un anno
un lungo inverno e non stancarsi mai
Salta ancora una volta ................................................(r isposta) E non stancarsi mai

great theme Dave...sheez, so much material to choose from.....this is awesome brother.

Oooohhh, this one's gonna be fun. I think I know what I'm gonna do if I can work it out on uke and nobody else beats me to it (and work doesn't grind me into the ground, first).

John

Great job Andy, I liked it better than the original!
ukuleledaveey, this is a great contest, just last week I was trying to think of a subject that almost all styles of music and musicians would have in common, this is pretty much what I had in mind except in my head I was calling it "Stick-It-To-Man" week... lol... pretty close though :)

Great job Andy, I liked it better than the original!
ukuleledaveey, this is a great contest, just last week I was trying to think of a subject that almost all styles of music and musicians would have in common, this is pretty much what I had in mind except in my head I was calling it "Stick-It-To-Man" week... lol... pretty close though :)
Many thanks benjoeuke :) hope to see you take part :), and my responses to the songs might not be as in-depth as previous weeks as i am trying to save my comments if i can get the nerve to do a critique vid, so i need to save my thoughts for the possibilties of that, :)

I've got a song! And I'm recording it either tomorrow or Tuesday!

Top Bottom