logging in

Captain America

Reaction score
I have had trouble logging in. This explains my previous post.

It's unfortunate that some quickly jumped to wrong conclusions.

What exactly is the site doing or not doing when you're trying to log in?

I am in no way associated with the site beyond the normal forum user...but I work in IT and no one can trouble shoot a problem if the explanation is 'I had trouble.'

Just trying to help. :)

What is the issue you are having when you are trying to log in? Are you getting errors? Long hang times on login? Please assist us by further explaining your issue when logging in.

Aloha Captain,
If you need help and or assistance please be more specific on your issues when logging in.. I see you have been here at least 10 months but with very few posts,
we really don't know what to think and what your intentions are...I hope you see our point of view too...
PS could this be it..For spam protection, human verification is required for certain actions until your post count is above 10.

Last edited:
I've had a few problems getting to the site at various times. Rebooting my router has worked a couple of times, and flushing the DNS cache* has worked on another occasion.

* Open a command prompt (assuming you're on a PC) and type "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes) then press enter.

Maybe unrelated to the OP's problem, but it may help others.

I had the same problem this morning. 1st time. Restarted my router and the site has been lightning fast. It's generally a good thing to do from time to time anyway.

If you can get on your router and look at the line stats, check your downstream FEC or CRC errors. If you have interleaving enabled, you're more likely to have FEC errors. If you have a lot (several tens of thousands) I'd either resync or reboot your router. If you don't, and you're a long way from the exchange, check your CRC errors. If you're looking at several thousand, same applies. A large number of accumulated errors can cause problems with DNS resolution and general browsing. After a recent rain storm, I had somewhere in the region of 42 million downstream FEC errors! FEC theoretically shouldn't matter, they've already been corrected by the time they reach you. In practice, they can be an utter bastard.

Top Bottom