guitarpro 6 tab software

Yes, it's my preferred tablature software.

I like GP6 too. After I got it, I stopped looking for other programs. It has Uke settings... if you set up a track (at the bottom of the page), and go to the settings for that track, and choose from the exotic guitar list.

–Lori

As I recall, no problem with downloading or upgrading Guitar Pro6. On one of the earlier versions, the default setting for G tuning was off, but you can customize it. I think the new version was fixed in that department. Sometimes I set it up for Low G tuning, and other times re-entrant. I think they have videos on their website too, so that is helpful for getting started. I like the midi playback so I can test out my note intervals, and it can correct my musical notation. It is very helpful if you know a little bit about musical notation, like quarter notes, triplets, rests, time signatures, keys etc. You can create songs just making chord charts and lyrics though (without tabs or notation), so it is very versatile.

–Lori

Any interest in creating a UU Guitarpro 6 Users Group?

I am still very new to all of this stuff (ukes, music, the uu forum, guitarpro 6, tabbing, etc.) so I was reluctant to just go ahead and do it without first getting some feedback.

Is anyone else interested in having a "Guitarpro 6 Users" group created?

I am benefiting tremendously from all the feedback I've thus far received on all my uu forum postings and I think it would be also be quite helpful to share questions/info/how-to/files, etc. regarding GP6 with fellow uke users.

Or, is there by chance some other group that is already covering this subject, and I just didn't find it?

Any interest?

Should I repost this as a new thread topic elsewhere?

Sometimes I set it up for Low G tuning, and other times re-entrant.

–Lori

I didn't realize it was possible to configure GP6 for low G ukes.
I'd be most grateful for a hint how to make that work.

I am still very new to all of this stuff (ukes, music, the uu forum, guitarpro 6, tabbing, etc.) so I was reluctant to just go ahead and do it without first getting some feedback.

Is anyone else interested in having a "Guitarpro 6 Users" group created?

Hey, I'm new here myself.
I got GP6 specifically to make uke tabs.

I got some melodies scored, haven't bothered with the playback features.
I'd be interested in sharing tips, etc.

I haven't joined any UU groups.
Looking through them there are 192 groups, some with only 1 or 2 members, 7 members and 0 posts....

Don't know if that's the most effective way to communicate here....
Maybe bump this thread a little and see what comes up....

I'm glad to see this thread. I've recently purchased Guitarpro 6 and downladed tons of software, soundbanks, etc. I have tried and tried to convert the trial version to the full versiion with no luck at all. I look forward to using the program, especially, with the good remarks here. Can any offer commnets as to converting the trial version to full version? I have messages into the company but no response yet, but I believe they will. Have any of you had any experience with the customer service of Guitarpro? Blessings, arktrav

Just out of curiosity (since I know nothing about this software), can this tab out a song by "listening" to it? In other words, is there a setting whereby I can select one of my mp3s, play it through the software, and have it present a tablature for it?

Or is does this do something completely different.

Mahaloz in advance

Just out of curiosity (since I know nothing about this software), can this tab out a song by "listening" to it? In other words, is there a setting whereby I can select one of my mp3s, play it through the software, and have it present a tablature for it?

Mahaloz in advance

Poidog- nope, you have to enter the tab manually, either with the computer keyboard or a MIDI (musical) keyboard..... I've done a few tunes with GP6 and it's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it, lots of features, seems like a great application. I don't use it that often, but I'd be interested in a group that shares pointers and files.....

Mahaloz in advance

No, it doesn't work that way. The closest Guitar Pro 6 can come to doing that is with midi files. If you open a midi file in Guitar Pro 6, it will tab everything out as best as it can, which is pretty good.

Thanks, Skidoo & Seeso -

Sounds like this is a great way for composers to translate music from one instrument into uke (or guitar) friendly tabs, but that it also does basically require much more ability than I possess.

Try Intelliscore Ensemble for converting audio tracks to midi files.

... I have tried and tried to convert the trial version to the full versiion with no luck at all. I look forward to using the program, especially, with the good remarks here. Can any offer commnets as to converting the trial version to full version? I have messages into the company but no response yet, but I believe they will. Have any of you had any experience with the customer service of Guitarpro? Blessings, arktrav

I don't remember having any difficulties converting from the trial version to the full version, but it may not seem immediately obvious. Were "any" of the restricted functions or limitations available following your attempt to convert from trial to full? Does your USER ID display on the "About Guitar Pro 6" screen?

Off line activation requires that you register your software first according to their Support page. Did you?

Did you see their "Offline Activation Guide" at:

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=how-to-do-offline-activation

I haven't tried contacting their customer service directly, but I have had good and fairly quick responses with submissions to their Community page which I had to Google "Guitarpro 6 Forum" to find. It is at:

http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.c...ring_this_forum_on_the_guitar_pro_com_website

Good luck.

To telll you the truth, I tried a thusand things and finally it worked. I believe it was when I went for the off-net activation code and when I entered it, it worked. Now for the learning of the program part. It looks good and I look forward to learning. I have "scuds" of tabledit tabs I want to convert and it seems like this program will be good at doing that. Any way thanks for the advice and counsel.

BTW, Seeso, I enjoyed your playing and singing at the Mighty MO Uke Fest.

Blessings, arktrav

Top Bottom