Thread: Greetings from Eugene, Oregon

Default Greetings from Eugene, Oregon

Hey all!

My name is Tyler and I am a 21 year old college student studying Marketing at the University of Oregon. I recently found out I have a brain tumor (benign), so I've been inspired to pursue some interests that I have been meaning to get around to. I have been playing guitar/piano/drums for the last 10 years. I have always loved the laid back culture of the uke and I'm excited to start playing. I'm looking for a used uke for around $100-120 if anyone is looking to sell. I look forward to interacting with you all!

All the best,
    Tyler

Welcome to the UU!!
    Kanile'a 6 String K-1, Kamaka HF-3, Makala Concert

Thank God the Tiki Bar is open!!!!

Welcome to the Forum! I think you will love learning to play the uke.
    Black Bear Sopranino Spruce/Koa~ Living Water
    Ohana Soprano SK-38 Mahogany~ Martin
    Mainland Soprano Mango~ KoAloha strings
    KoAloha Soprano Pineapple~ KoAloha strings Low G

Aloha, E Komo Mai to the UU Tyler!

I'm glad you found the uke ... or the uke found you! You've found the best site for all things ukulele! Good luck with your search for your uke to start learning on. I'm sure other members here will help with finding one for you so you can get started. You will learn a wealth of information about the uke here on the UU. Your journey is just beginning .... have fun!

Aloha,

Kimo

Hi, Tyler! Sorry to hear about the tumor. A close friend of mine just had one removed after living with it for years. She is doing really well. Good luck with your search for a uke and on your health.

Welcome, Tyler! I think you'll love becoming a uke player.

JJ
    "Talent is just a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

Default Another Oregonian

Quote Originally Posted by MundsBuns View Post
    Hey all!

My name is Tyler and I am a 21 year old college student studying Marketing at the University of Oregon. I recently found out I have a brain tumor (benign), so I've been inspired to pursue some interests that I have been meaning to get around to.
    Hi Tyler, I too am from Oregon, went to the UofO (for a year -- finished elsewhere), work in marketing and also just had a non-cancerous tumor taken out from my abdomen and am in recovery. The downtime has been great opportunity for me to pick up ukulele again. Good luck with your treatment! Get lots of doctor's opinions if you can...

Thread Information