Thread: Can a Baritone g string used on a tenor safely?

Default Can a Baritone g string used on a tenor safely?

I'm hoping to buy some aquila baritone strings for my baritone and on the deacription box of the place i am buying from, it says that there is only one qound string and so, i am assuming it to be the D string which is wound.

Would i be able to use the G on the baritone set on my tenor as a low g string without any harm or would i have to buy a tenor low g set too?

Like wise, can a tenor low g be used on a baritone?
    Last edited by Bao; 05-05-2012 at 06:59 AM.

You can certainly try it - it's unlikely to be high enough tension to damage the uke. Whether it will intonate properly and sound balanced with the other strings is just something you have to test.

JOhn
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

I use classical guitar strings on my tenor, and so do lots of other people, so you certainly can use a baritone string on a tenor. As OldePhart said, you won't know until you try whether you like the way it sounds.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

I know of one soprano player who uses Worth
    Tenors on all of his sops, so the difference in
    poundage per tuning should not be that great?

Thread Information