End graft: Curly Koa with b/w/b purfling
Rosette: Tiger myrtle with b/w/b purfling
Fret dots: Mother of pearl
Neck cap: Ebony
Side markers: Mother of pearl
Tuners: Grover sta-tite 18:1 ratio chrome
Logo: Mother of pearl with black epoxy WAW=Willie A Wixom
Pickup: MiSi Acoustic Trio

I'd tell you how she sounds, but Willie put the wrong strings on her:(--including a Low-G, instead of High--so it will take a day or two for the strings to settle. I can say she's bright and brash, but that's what I was looking for--to compliment the koa and mahogany already in my collection.

In case I don't get to do a full review, I will admit that the finish is not 100% perfect. Some slight separation on a small part of the purfling, and a small "tide" mark on the stain around the end graft.

Still, I think she's gonna be a winner and you can't beat the customer service and low pricing Willie Wixom offers. You'd better get your order in now, before the wait list gets too long!

Last edited:
Oh my.
She is just lovely.
Can't wait for the sound sample!

That is a very beautiful instrument, congrats!

Wow! Really nice! Really great photos too.

Very nice. I'm impressed with the purfling work.

Congrats on your new Willie Wixom...she is a beauty...you lucky guy...throw on some Ko'olau alohis on there to warm up that spruce top and indian rosewood..
elderly music has them...Happy Strummings..

Congratulations on that beautiful ukulele! I bought a non-custom tenor ukulele from Willie Wixom shortly after his name popped up in the UU forums, and I'm very happy with it. Mine is very nicely balanced, is lots of fun to play, and sounds sweet. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Congratulations! I have been waiting for more threads about people receiving Willie Wixom and Brad Donaldson Ukes. I don't have the patience to wait for a build date so just purchased the Mango long neck soprano. Can hardly wait to receive it.
Yours looks very pretty. I look forward to a full review.

Wow, it's gorgeous. Now, you're just making me all that much more anxious to get my WW going! Congratulations, I really like it!:drool:

Nice uke!!
Mine is expected to be made at bottom November. Looking forward to it~~

Congrats on that awesome looking Wixom. Mine is scheduled for this month and can hardly wait. My very first custom so I'm very excited and so was Willie when we discussed build spec's. It'll be different from others, and that's what I wanted....uniqueness yet with style..........
Enjoy your Wixom...................................BO............................

Very nice looking uke. Can't wait to hear a sound sample.

What strings did you put on it?

Congrats on your new Willie Wixom...she is a beauty...you lucky guy...throw on some Ko'olau alohis on there to warm up that spruce top and indian rosewood..
elderly music has them...Happy Strummings..

Thanks for the tip. I ordered the Alohis, but thought perhaps the Mahana's might be a better match so ordered those as well. I just put them on and it sounds might purrty! I may try the Alohis at some point too.

Thanks for the tip Stan, Elderly has great prices on strings!

Top Bottom