New Uke Day! Willie Wixom Custom Concert

Good looking uke! When Willie Wixom first surfaced on UU, I toyed with the idea of inquiring about a concert that pretty much have the same specs as yours except for a cedar top. But I ultimately decided that I have more than enough ukes already so didn't follow through with that thought. It looks like I would have been happy with Willie's work. Congrats!

Ahhhh I should have told you to stay away from the mahana and golds....I have martins on mine....let me know how it goes..
I knew I wouldn't like the Golds, but the Mahanas sound pretty good. It seems like the Alohis might still be too bright. Do you think they'd sound warmer than the Mahanas?

Are you going to bring your pretty Wixon to Chapel Hill on June 7 for Jake's concert? (I posted some info for out of towners on the Carolina Ukers group site.)

I put Southcoast's new Light Softs on my spruce-top Donaldson and found it appreciably warmer than Worth Browns or Koaloha Alohis.

Are you going to bring your pretty Wixon to Chapel Hill on June 7 for Jake's concert? (I posted some info for out of towners on the Carolina Ukers group site.)

I put Southcoast's new Light Softs on my spruce-top Donaldson and found it appreciably warmer than Worth Browns or Koaloha Alohis.

I probably won't bring the uke, but I'll be there. ;)

how much did it cost for this configuration in you don't mind me asking? and let's hear that sound sample!

Willie is a really nice guy, and if you are considering using him you should just contact him.

He went from 4-5 months backed up to July NEXT YEAR in a very short time. At least, that's how backed up he was when I talked with him a week ago. He answers his phone, unless you want to e-mail him and he answers that as well.

Scott

Sound sample maybe maybe please? She looks gorgeous, but I want to hear her sing!

Top Bottom