UU+ Master Class Workshop #2 w/ Craig Chee (taking requests)

Aloha gang! UU+ is having me back to host another Master Class Workshop and I am incredibly excited! Thank you for all the support and I'm extremely happy that many of you found it helpful.

The UU crew is again leaving the material up to me, and I wanted to get some of your feedback before putting together the next workshop.

As of now, I thinking either my

"Ukulele for the singer/songwriter" workshop:
-How to utilize your ukulele to compliment voice. A breakdown of strum patterns and techniques that surround and enhance your voice rather than competing with it. And tips for performing.

or

Bridging the Gap Pt. II
-A follow up to bridging the gap pt I, utilizing more scales, techniques and how to implement them in song.

I think I'll do a little intro (more than the uke minutes) either way to people interested in Golpe.

Please let me know which one you're more interested in having me record and if there are any questions or comments about the first workshop, please let me know!
I'm trying to get it recorded before I head down to the Cairns, Australia Ukefest, so the sooner, the better :)

Much love and aloha,
Craig

Wow! I'm so excited that you're doing another class. The first one was fantastic. I like the sound of both of those topics, but since that's not very helpful I'll give a vote for #2.
I feel like my technique is starting to take off finally partly due to Bridging the Gap I. I'm looking forward to anything you decide on!

Thanks and aloha!
Shawn

Still loving the 1st workshop, but here's another vote for option #2. And anything to do with the right hand would be great. Your efforts are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi Craig, great to hear you're doing another class! I'm working through your first one now and it would be great to go right into bridging the gap II when I finish. I love this class and it seems to be helping a lot! Looking forward to the new class!

From the replies here and the emails I've received it looks like Bridging the Gap pt 2 will be the winner! As I restructure the workshop for web purposes (the first workshop is the first time I've actually recorded a workshop as I mainly teach at festivals, privately and live over Skype), are there any key things that you'd like me to stress? What worked well and what could have worked better for Pt 1? This will be a revamped, made for UU+ exclusive :) thanks for taking the time to write!

I thought what worked well in Pt 1 was that you broke the segments down into small chunks and made it very understandable. The only depressing thing was when you played "at speed'. (We're not worthy! We're not worthy!) I mentioned above that I would like to see the right hand emphasized more. The reason is because it looks like I could use some direction/exercises on going from a straight strum or picking to a combination of the two. Also, when is it appropriate to pick with just thumb vs. thumb & index vs. thumb, index, middle vs. all four? In reality I don't know enough to ask the right questions probably but hopefully you can decipher my rambling thoughts. Once again, thanks for doing this.

Bridging the gap 1 was very helpful. I just wanted to highlight that what encourages me play and practice are your examples. You do a great job of showing a difficult technique and then an outlet/example of when and how to play it. Don't be afraid to go crazy with it, if I'm not ready for the technique there's a rewind button!

First round was wicked helpful -- thanks! It took about a week for your exercises to come through in regular playing, but I'm much more comfortable moving up and down the fretboard now. Noticeable improvement -- thanks for that as well.

Another vote for number 2 (he he).

Wow, I am blown away with the responses from the first workshop. Will gather up all the suggestions and incorporate them in the 2nd workshop with the material I already had in mind. Thanks for taking the time to comment, it will make the next workshop that much more unique for UU members.

Aloha!

Top Bottom